Noisey new injectors 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Noisey new injectors
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Got a set of Au injectors for the Ef off ebay reco'ed ( thank you Rangy). Installed them on Friday...... The problem is the ticking sound they make is that loud you can hear them about 5 meters away when the bonnets closed ... Is this normal? Will they stop it soon or have I got a dud?
I also installed a new fuel pump, big mouth snorkel, good cond fuel sender and would have had a new o2 sensor but the one I got off ebay dont fit. Bloke from ebay has told me I have to trim the lugs for it to fit and he will refund half, so Ill do that today. Could the loud injectors be from a crap o2 sensor working them overtime?

Post subject: Re: Noisey new injectors
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:58 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
Got a set of Au injectors for the Ef off ebay reco'ed ( thank you Rangy). Installed them on Friday...... The problem is the ticking sound they make is that loud you can hear them about 5 meters away when the bonnets closed ... Is this normal? Will they stop it soon or have I got a dud?
I also installed a new fuel pump, big mouth snorkel, good cond fuel sender and would have had a new o2 sensor but the one I got off ebay dont fit. Bloke from ebay has told me I have to trim the lugs for it to fit and he will refund half, so Ill do that today. Could the loud injectors be from a crap o2 sensor working them overtime?

When I replaced the EL injectors to AU types, the ticking was louder in comparison with the bonnet up. When down you can just hear it (over the exhaust at idle), if you're looking for it, you will hear it.

I just treated it as normal seeing as the AU ones are smaller in size than the E-series type, thought maybe because the smaller size may have less sound dampening effect. I haven't had any other issues with it though. I don't hear it much anymore since I'm either (A) used to it, or (B) the injectors have gone quieter.

Give it some time and see how you go. As long as it doesn't actually affect the drive, you should be safe.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

NSW, Australia

if they are that noisy then you might have the impedance wrong for what the computer needs to see for your application,you might need to look up the specs for the type of injector your using then match what the specs for your efi,there is adapters for the wire connectors that allow you to use newer type injectors with older type of systems that can change the impedance specs to keep your computer happy http://www.sdsefi.com/injectors.htm

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Cheers guys, will see what they are like when I put the new o2 sensor in....... Got a brand new one off ebay direct fit, went to put it in when I did the injectors and the positioning lugs are different. The bloke on ebay told me to cut the lugs... but I had paid money to not have to modify them so I asked for a refund. He said I could have a refund or I can cut the lugs and he will refund half the cost, so ill cut the lugs. Turns out that once the lugs are cut the o2 sensor has cost me $22.50 for a new one with a 2 year unlimited warranty, so can complain.
Maybe the old crap o2 sensor and the fact of the relearn by the ecu might be making them noisey (?), its just nice to know its not the injectors themselves, so thanks for setting my mind at ease and giving me tools to work with if it keeps making the noise.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]