Fordmods Logo

Notice to all new BA Falcon buyers 

Page 4 of 5 [ 74 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF MKIII XR inspired wagon

QLD, Australia

prydey wrote:
i have a 02 futura wagon. 1st reg 03 if that makes any diff. certainly sounds better and thats how it was advt which i was a little annoyed about. i also bought it without looking at it, from qld. i thought 'its a new car and gets such good reports, what can be wrong with it'. had i been aware of all the issues that are mentioned in this thread i would never have bought it sight unseen.

however, i have no issues with mine. it had 100k on it when i bought it so it may have had some warranty work done but am not sure. no brake shudder though although the pads ford use are shocking for brake dust. either that or the rim design (all futura's seem to have black front rims) traps the powder in.

for those who work/worked at ford, what should i be looking out for with the auto?? i have heard a few stories now of trans cooler leaking in the rad. tank. my auto at the moment, when 1st started for the day when cold, will make a whine sound like something pressurizing, when you put it in reverse. only lasts about 10 seconds and then its fine. my local ford dealer is about as helpful as the dealers mentioned on here. it does really seem like they don't want to know about the ba's. before the ba i had an ef xr6 wagon adn on the few occasions i went in there they loved it. if i go in there in my eb i get more respect as its a very tidy unit.

maybe some links to certain forum threads need to be emailed to ford!!

sorry bout the rant. just get paranoid when i read these threads that my ba will start falling apart.
Hey prydey, I have the same problem with my auto but I reckon it sounds like the noise a whale makes underwater LOL. I've asked ford about it and got the usual response...it didn't happen for them...I've also heard it in a XR6 that goes past our place from time to time??? 'Tis a strange one alright...Cheers Linz.

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:58 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

The old "didnt happen for us " and "they all do it",They must learn all this s**t at a customer service course,i had it this afternoon from a service manager,its when u catch them lying that fixes them,no common phrases for that one.

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: FG XR8, F6 F6 ute, XR5T, Capri

WA, Australia

had harmonics/vibrations in the gearbox in 5th at 110km/h

Ford booked us in for a free replacement (warranty) within the week. they fixed it in half a day

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8 & 06 4x4 Bravo

VIC, Australia

linz wrote:
prydey wrote:
i have a 02 futura wagon. 1st reg 03 if that makes any diff. certainly sounds better and thats how it was advt which i was a little annoyed about. i also bought it without looking at it, from qld. i thought 'its a new car and gets such good reports, what can be wrong with it'. had i been aware of all the issues that are mentioned in this thread i would never have bought it sight unseen.

however, i have no issues with mine. it had 100k on it when i bought it so it may have had some warranty work done but am not sure. no brake shudder though although the pads ford use are shocking for brake dust. either that or the rim design (all futura's seem to have black front rims) traps the powder in.

for those who work/worked at ford, what should i be looking out for with the auto?? i have heard a few stories now of trans cooler leaking in the rad. tank. my auto at the moment, when 1st started for the day when cold, will make a whine sound like something pressurizing, when you put it in reverse. only lasts about 10 seconds and then its fine. my local ford dealer is about as helpful as the dealers mentioned on here. it does really seem like they don't want to know about the ba's. before the ba i had an ef xr6 wagon adn on the few occasions i went in there they loved it. if i go in there in my eb i get more respect as its a very tidy unit.

sorry bout the rant. just get paranoid when i read these threads that my ba will start falling apart.
Hey prydey, I have the same problem with my auto but I reckon it sounds like the noise a whale makes underwater LOL. I've asked ford about it and got the usual response...it didn't happen for them...I've also heard it in a XR6 that goes past our place from time to time??? 'Tis a strange one alright...Cheers Linz.

My mates ute did this, exactly the same, a whine in reverse when cold.. I can't really remember what it was, some valve? I'll ask him when I next talk to him, Ford didn't want to know about it, but it drove him mad, I think he paid for it to be fixed at a Transmission shop..

'04 BA XR8
Winter White, 5 Speed Manual, Sports Leather, Premium Sound, 2 1/2" Cat Back Exh - no rear Mufflers, Lowered SL/SSL, 20's, Underdrives, BF Typhoon Rear Spoiler, GT Steering Wheel, etc.

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:47 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF MKIII XR inspired wagon

QLD, Australia

cheersdude wrote:
linz wrote:
prydey wrote:

My mates ute did this, exactly the same, a whine in reverse when cold.. I can't really remember what it was, some valve? I'll ask him when I next talk to him, Ford didn't want to know about it, but it drove him mad, I think he paid for it to be fixed at a Transmission shop..
Thanks mate...I'd be very interested to know what it is and the "fix"...cheers Linz.

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

Ford replaced some cable going to the auto on my Territory under a Field campaign ... apparently there was an issue ... and it caused a high pitched noise (dunno how).

I didn't actually have the problem ... they just replaced it under warranty during a service.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Na fairlane, xe 351 ute

NSW, Australia

i don't understand how everyone can be saying the seats in a ba are too high. I'm 6foot 1 and if i lower the seat i feel like i'm a hectic commodore driver (cause its cool to have only your head showing over the door trim).

As for problems i have the seat belts, the rear rubbers, the door locks (done 3 now in 2 years) and the auto. Although auto (4sp) is more from trying to do heel toes.

Current cars
1983 XE Ute - xf front, worked 351, straight gas
1990 Na fairlane - stock

ex cars
Fg xr6t, 80 series cruiser, ba xt, ea s-pac (xr6 test model), ke laser.

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: BFII Fairmont Ghia, Silver

VIC, Australia

Nato82 wrote:
I didn't know there was a difference between XT and Futura headlights till now. Stands out like dogs balls now you notice.

On the BA and BF models the headlights ex factory were like this:

XT: black
Futura: silver
Fairmont: silver
Fairmont Ghia: black
Fairlane Ghia: silver
Fairlane G220, G8: black
LTD: silver

XR, FPV series have their own unique headlight design. All have the black style as far as I know.

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

my ba xr6 is great done, yeah the rear rubbers sometimes come off but thats an easy fix and the hand brake.

Sometimes also very rariley when i take off i get like a knock sound, but it seems to be coming from the front end

any1 know what that might be?

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA ute, FG XR6T

NSW, Australia

Nato82 wrote:
Yeah well I'm just comparing with the old ED we have. when we got got it, never had a problem. Now 6 years later still no problem (touch wood). I didn't know there was a difference between XT and Futura headlights till now. Stands out like dogs balls now you notice. Didn't at the time. All the same its not bad car. Goes well.

Your dealer must have parked that thing around the yard all day to get the shadow over the headlights just right for you to look over it. That wasn't at high noon, was it?

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Iv not had any issues with my BA iv never sat inside a falcon and had the seat belts retract properly so that doesn't bother me much, My black window rubbers have moved a bit and have some gaps but thats mainly because I'm too lazy to go fix them. Other than those couple of tiny issues i can honestly say i love my falcon and wouldn't trade it for anything... ok well maybe i would but you get the idea.

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

shadow 351, as for the steering wheel not being on a centre line with the seat, if i remember correctly, all cars were like this, up until the ba. my au wheel was slightly offset. however maybe the seats lean inwards from mum and dad bogan leaing around to constantly belt the kids one or dig out the eb 6 pack?
my ba is a june 05, one of the last ones before the bf. havent had a single prob yet. touch wood. im 6 foot and cant complain about the seat height, and i love my new xr seats even more than my stock xt. no brake shudder, no transmission issues, no door lock issues, and the only time my door seals have movved is when i took them off to remove the b pillar plastic. all up its a great car and i love it, although maybe its been so good because i look after it so much? gets plenty of oil changes, services, and cleans inside or out. not driven and left like a pos crumbledore

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Kit wrote:
Anyone had issues with the height of their seats. All the journo's say that you sit too high in the BA-BF. Like sitting on the car rather than in the car. Funny thing is they also said this about the EF and EL, which I find to be true.
So what is it with Ford designing seats that too high and the steering wheel so low?

Funny you mention this because I've also read the journo's comments regarding the high seating / sitting above the roll centre and simply can not justify their comments. The base of the seat does feel like it's placed slightly higher than in a Commodore (there would be 3 or 4mm in it MAX), but I wouldn't necessarily say that's a bad thing. Simply adjust the seat to your liking. It's easy.

I also find the comments regarding entry and egress conflict with my daily experiences too. Not once have I hit my head entering or exiting my XR6T. But I have bashed my head getting in and out of my company car (a VZ Commodore) several times...which may explain a few things...

Post subject: Re: Notice to all new BA Falcon buyers
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:46 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XR6

WA, Australia

mine has the rubber thingy so does my gf's AU ... easy fix with a bit of glue doesnt really bother me coz i only use the driver door

and only mechanical problem ive had is the handbrake needs adjusting which is common with BA's coz the handbrakes on em are a drum brake set up :S

oh adn the dif has a slight knock every now and then which im sure will cost me sooner or later

Ba Xr6 Boat

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MK11

VIC, Australia

EFfutura wrote:
G'day all,

OT sorry,
Can anyone tell me the "trick" or "how to" to remove the B pillar to clean the lint etc as I too have the sticky seat belt prob on my BA.

To get back on topic I have also had the rear door seal prob and a pair of pliers squashing it fixed that.

cya
EFfutura

Pull the belt right out, spray with WD40, wipe vigorously both sides, all the way back down the belt as it retracts-problem solved!

The older I get the better I was!

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next