Fordmods Logo

o ringed 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: o ringed
Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

where would i go to get my 4.0l cylnderhead o ringed and cost or is there a tool to do it myself?

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon EBII

NSW, Australia

you dont get the cylinderhead o-ringed you get the block done. they cut a 1-2 mill deep ring around the top of the bore and put a copper ring in it. its pointless unless your cars turbo or has really high compression...

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

CLEANEB wrote:
you dont get the cylinderhead o-ringed you get the block done. they cut a 1-2 mill deep ring around the top of the bore and put a copper ring in it. its pointless unless your cars turbo or has really high compression...

what would you call high compression. 10.0:1 or higher

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:50 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

You can get your head O-ringed.

Isky make a tool, the Groove-a-matic to let you groove your own block. It costs about $300US I think.

I would consider O-ringing helpful with high cylinder pressures, i.e over 190psi cranking pressure, boost, or NOS.

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:38 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon EBII

NSW, Australia

Bert wrote:
You can get your head O-ringed.

Isky make a tool, the Groove-a-matic to let you groove your own block. It costs about $300US I think.

I would consider O-ringing helpful with high cylinder pressures, i.e over 190psi cranking pressure, boost, or NOS.

yeah its not really necessary unless your makin big horsepower. all it does is seal the head to the block better.

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

CLEANEB wrote:

i am about to send the block in to get oversize flattop pistions in the pots and then have the block and piston decked, its going to have a lot of compression and will be drivin hard, if i new somewhere who could do the machining i would be able to find what the cost is to see if it's worth getting done, im getting a decent cam for it as well from wadecams, i have a wade 1147b customised cam in a crossflow very good cam and what else can you do to a 4.0l crank a besides a light'n'balance can i get 4bolt mains. and i am also looking for 4.0l billiet i-beam rods and hp true roller ajustable chain set, any objections to acl durilite pistons?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]