Oil pressure, is this normal 

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Oil pressure, is this normal
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

Hi all.

Sorry about all the posts lately. had the oil pressure light come on when i was idling talking to dad and i swiched the engine off and back on again to clear it.

is what this engine doing normal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4RLfVbWcpA

The when idling the oil pressure will be not far from 0 and then when you put the foot down the oil pressure goes up and drops when the rpm goes back down.

is what it is doing in the video normal?

Regards

Barry

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Post subject: Re: Oil pressure, is this normal
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

You need to hook up a test gauge to see what you really have.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

where does the oil test guage hook up to?

Question.
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

i have just checked and oil pressure guages are like $300.
i think what i will do is i will take this car to a mechanic and get them to check the engine over. find everything wrong with it then i will go back to ford and list what is wrong with this engine. i may take ford / repco / HM gem engines to small clames court over this because this engine has only done 40000k after been fully remanufactured.

When i was working in the leagal profession i recall there being what is called implied warrenty
where the expected lifetime is not reached. it can be argued that a engine when serviced properly should not fail just out of warrenty.

I expect a fully remanufactured engine to be in the same condition that the ones that are in a new car rolling of the asembly line is in.

new engines do not develop the following in 40000k

oil leaks
coolent leaks
lash adjusters failing
and now oil pressure problems

Question.
Answer.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

You can get an oil pressure guage for $30.
Where did you get the figure of $300 from? Someone is trying to rip you there.
If you try to take Ford to court on a NL Fairlane they will straight out laugh at you.
Did you have the reco motor fitted?
If not good luck getting warranty. Having done 40000km it will be out of warranty for a reco anyway.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

lol
No. Ford supplied and fitted the engine themself so Sorry. as they are the people who 1. supplied it. 2. installed it and 3. serviced and maintained it. they are ultimatly responsible.

the car has been in for every service on the dot. the car has not been thrashed or mistreated in any way. it was well looked after.

also as i said, the expected life time for a properly remanufactured is much more than 40000km. these problems will have been developing well before this,

a quick google search came up with the $300.

where does the oil guage connect to?

Regards

Matt_jew wrote:
You can get an oil pressure guage for $30.
Where did you get the figure of $300 from? Someone is trying to rip you there.
If you try to take Ford to court on a NL Fairlane they will straight out laugh at you.
Did you have the reco motor fitted?
If not good luck getting warranty. Having done 40000km it will be out of warranty for a reco anyway.

Question.
Answer.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:46 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

I love these threads.

firstly, Ford has nothing to do with the issues you are experiencing, their sole liability begins and ends with the quality of workmanship installing a supplied motor.

that is, tightening nuts and bolts, connecting looms and no doubt, making your wallet a considerable amount lighter for the experience.
they are not the engine supplier, your warranty with them is solely on workmanship of the supplied hardware, not the actual hardware.

Your Warranty, if there is anything left of it, is with HM Gem, and if memory serves correct, is 12 month unlimited KM.

So, When was the engine installed? That will tell you how much, if any, warranty is left.

Repco.. Where do they fit into the picture? Did you buy a KW adding stick on dancing Elvis?
All they are is a middle man Or RETAILER that sold the product. Your warranty again, is not with repco.

You need to understand how a re-manufactured engine works mate. They simply get a wrecker engine, pull it down, inspect, hone or bore, depending on requirements and bang it back together. Same with the top end. Their expectation is that it will last 12 months, if it does not, they exchange it, and guess what, your out of pocket again! Cause your gonna need that motor pulled and another one dropped in the hole. And your mechanics labour is not covered in their warranty.

I am not aware of many people returning to HM Gem a second time, something about once bitten.....

But really you are clutching at straws.

On another note.

Implied warranty.
Implied warranty exists where no written warranty or warranty of resonable length or reason exists.
HM Gem do have a reasonable warranty period. FFS, its a second hand motor thats been cleaned up, new bearings rings and gaskets slapped in it and has a top end rebuilt. Its not rocket surgery.

For someone who claims to have a legal background, you need to do some reading. Or did the mail room provide you with all the reading you could handle?

Don;t get offended by anything I've said here. Everyone knows I'm an a**hole who means well, but you need to step out of the red mist and actually check some s**t out, you need to make some calls, see where and who the warranty is actually with and proceed from there. If your like me, you will cover 40,000km in a year no sweat, last employer I did 80,000km in 9 months, current one will see 40,000 in 12 months, my personal car though, christ, it will be lucky to see 7,000 a year.

I am getting an engine built as we speak, my building is offering a 24 month warranty as it will be run in on his dyno, not run in on the dyno, 12 month warranty. I am purchasing a product under no illusions of what my warranty period is and what the expectations of it are.

If you have had all these issues, why have you persisted for so long with it? At the first sign of an issue, once diagnosed, I'd be calling the warranty in, you might have been screwed, you might have been able to prevent being in your situation right now if you had been more dirrect and forceful IF a problem occured during warranty. If not, lesson learn't and make sure next time things go sour, remember to ask for a kiss. Cause nobody likes getting f**k without a kiss or at least a reach around.

/rant

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:47 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

^^^ f**k me, thats some of my best late night rant work to date!

Hope you appreciate my efforts.

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Johnson stroker wrote:
^^^ f**k me, thats some of my best late night rant work to date!

Hope you appreciate my efforts.

Your on fire this morning

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura / FG XR6 / DF LTD

NSW, Australia

" Question.

Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally. "

Wrong Bazzy , the answer is 42

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

Hi,

It looks fairly normal going by the gauge. You may have a cluster fault. Have it checked, ( the actual pressure and cluster if you need to ) and don't talk to Gem until you do. You need to have all your facts before you go any further, if you try and start anything Legal without having the right facts backed up it could cost you a lot of money.

If there is an Engine fault, they will want it inspected by " their " experts. What do you reckon they will find ? And you will have to pay the labour content to have it done. And put back together and in.

With a normal engine, the pressure shown will depend on RMP, how hot the Oil is and its viscosity and wear / faults. The relief valve spring may be crap and has fatigued. A 50 cent part that could cost you thousands if you tell them to fix it. They will have some fine print somewhere you can be sure.

Regards 96ELGli

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:20 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Johnson stroker wrote:
I love these threads.

firstly, Ford has nothing to do with the issues you are experiencing, their sole liability begins and ends with the quality of workmanship installing a supplied motor.

that is, tightening nuts and bolts, connecting looms and no doubt, making your wallet a considerable amount lighter for the experience.
they are not the engine supplier, your warranty with them is solely on workmanship of the supplied hardware, not the actual hardware.

Your Warranty, if there is anything left of it, is with HM Gem, and if memory serves correct, is 12 month unlimited KM.

So, When was the engine installed? That will tell you how much, if any, warranty is left.

Repco.. Where do they fit into the picture? Did you buy a KW adding stick on dancing Elvis?
All they are is a middle man Or RETAILER that sold the product. Your warranty again, is not with repco.

You need to understand how a re-manufactured engine works mate. They simply get a wrecker engine, pull it down, inspect, hone or bore, depending on requirements and bang it back together. Same with the top end. Their expectation is that it will last 12 months, if it does not, they exchange it, and guess what, your out of pocket again! Cause your gonna need that motor pulled and another one dropped in the hole. And your mechanics labour is not covered in their warranty.

I am not aware of many people returning to HM Gem a second time, something about once bitten.....

But really you are clutching at straws.

On another note.

Implied warranty.
Implied warranty exists where no written warranty or warranty of resonable length or reason exists.
HM Gem do have a reasonable warranty period. FFS, its a second hand motor thats been cleaned up, new bearings rings and gaskets slapped in it and has a top end rebuilt. Its not rocket surgery.

For someone who claims to have a legal background, you need to do some reading. Or did the mail room provide you with all the reading you could handle?

Don;t get offended by anything I've said here. Everyone knows I'm an a**hole who means well, but you need to step out of the red mist and actually check some s**t out, you need to make some calls, see where and who the warranty is actually with and proceed from there. If your like me, you will cover 40,000km in a year no sweat, last employer I did 80,000km in 9 months, current one will see 40,000 in 12 months, my personal car though, christ, it will be lucky to see 7,000 a year.

I am getting an engine built as we speak, my building is offering a 24 month warranty as it will be run in on his dyno, not run in on the dyno, 12 month warranty. I am purchasing a product under no illusions of what my warranty period is and what the expectations of it are.

If you have had all these issues, why have you persisted for so long with it? At the first sign of an issue, once diagnosed, I'd be calling the warranty in, you might have been screwed, you might have been able to prevent being in your situation right now if you had been more dirrect and forceful IF a problem occured during warranty. If not, lesson learn't and make sure next time things go sour, remember to ask for a kiss. Cause nobody likes getting f**k without a kiss or at least a reach around.

/rant

No i did not work in the mail room. also i had first hand experience with this.

Electrolux fridge. failed outside of warrenty within 12 months of the warrenty expiry. the expected lifetime of the fridge was 5 years or more. electrolux had to replace it.

as for the remanufactured (not rebuilt) engine i spoke to HM Gem when these issues started.
this is what has supposedly been done to this engine

new lash adjusters
new timing chain
crank machined
cam machined
rockers replaced
honed
bored
new oversized pistons
new rings
new bearings
new seals
new head
new valve seats
new valves

he did list other things but i forget what they where
but he did say it was basicly a NEW engine and should last at least 200000km or more.

what concernes me is if the oil pressure is infact low. that can indecate that there is excessive wear on this motor.

however i would expect if the oil was infact that low i would be hearing a very noisy engine. but the engine is actually fairly quiet. (dad can run his 2006 accord beside my car and my car is quiet compared)

so i would be enclined to believe the pressure sensor may be d**k.

Where is it located? no doubt in the hardest place imaginable knowing the way ford like doing it :)

Regards

Question.
Answer.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:29 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF 2 Fairmont. AU 5 Litre ute

VIC, Australia

By memory the sender is on the passenger side of the engine, next to the oil filter sort of area

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

wrongwaynorris wrote:
" Question.

Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally. "

Wrong Bazzy , the answer is 42

Which is about halfway to dead........ :D

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:42 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Started it this morning and the gauge is about half way up now, this seems very strange

Question.
Answer.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next