Fordmods Logo

ok guys i got plans b series 6 into a e series HELP! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: ok guys i got plans b series 6 into a e series HELP!
Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:08 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 13 images

NSW, Australia

okies i got a nc fairlane as some of you may know i for a long time have been having bottom end noise and now have t5 manual gearbox isues (all due to my abuse :P ) anyhoo its like 3 grand for the bottom end to be rebuilt by someone else and another 2 for the box to have the syncro's fixed (thrashed on a clutch-less drive back from Woolongong where the clutch let go) so i required and searched and found a bf 6cyl engine with manual gearbox for $1800 with loom, ecu, master cylinder for the clutch and all the bits with 22 000kms on the odometer and it will cost me 600 for the engine swap so $2400 as apposed the the proposed $5000+ bill to reco the current engine also a power gain is a plus if i go for the bf engine

so
my first question is has ANYONE! done this to anyone's knowledge

my second will i have to change the pedal box

my third it s the bell housing or gb longer ie will i have to remove a section of floor to allow for the selector

my fourth to my knowledge it (the engine) will slip in reasonably easily due to a similar or same bottom half of the block

my fifth and final is there a difference in the engine mechanical in the bf xr6 or just a standard bf falcon engine or is it just a computer tuning difference because i have the option for both but i don't necessarily want to pay more for a pretty colored rocker cover

so yeah if you could give a hand in any way it would be much appreciated

thanks

Oh and pls let me know if this sounds ludacris :P

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:25 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF XR6

QLD, Australia

This has been done a few times the enigne fits the mounts but i am pretty sure you need to clearence the bonnet (cut a hole in it) because the top front edge of the rocker cover sticks out. When i looked at doing it whith the XR6t motor i was told to use the BA/BF engine loom and ecu to run it.

As far as your pedal box, the ba motor has a fly by wire throttle body so you will have to over come that. Also i think they have hydraulic throw out bearings (not sure of that though) I was advised to addapt the ba pedal box just to save time stuffing aruond.

Not sure on this but i think the shifter possition will be 50mm further back than your current position

I am not aware of any difference between the N/A XR6 motor and the standard motor.

Hope this helps

EF XR6 Manual 271RWHP/199RWKW N/A using Stock manifold with dual plane runners still operating. EFI Hardware 6TBM to come mid year.

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:27 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF XR6

QLD, Australia

Sound like a good idea but don't forget it is still a stock motor and will end up the same as you last stock motor if you abuse it too much.

EF XR6 Manual 271RWHP/199RWKW N/A using Stock manifold with dual plane runners still operating. EFI Hardware 6TBM to come mid year.

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

NSW, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/fordman3 ... 60016.html

have a read...good luck if you can get it reliable for under $5K

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:12 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XY Sedan, XB Coupe, EF Ghia

WA, Australia

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Fairlaine XR, ford thunderbird

QLD, Australia

good luck to u mate i have the same car and have been thinking bout doin it to mine but just don't have the time

Fairlaine XR, it’s the James Bond of Fords

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

engine will fit once you make clearance for sump via k-frame modification. Not sure if it is really required to make rocker cover clearance...but most likely yes.

It is not ludicrous...if you have a lot of money to throw.

I think it is a cheaper option to buy a working EL/AU motor and chucking it in and getting the T5 rebuilt...will work out to be about 2 - 3K in driving condition.

Good luck paying less then 5K to get a BF motor into the EB with a manual box and hydraulic clutch, in running condition without doing all of the job yourself.

If you pay someone to do it properly...it'll cost a bit I believe...and if you want it legal, engineering would be a b**ch too.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:37 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

if you decide not to do the convert i'd be very interested in that BF donk.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]