Fordmods Logo

Opinions on loudness pleaseee 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Opinions on loudness pleaseee
Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:25 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Hey guys just put on a Redback 2.5 Exhaust, with genie extractors and am dissapointed with the noise (yes another one)

Now im going to remove the rear muffler BUT before i do i want your opinions - is it too loud as in V8 loud or is it a touch better note and sounds great - i dont want it to sound like a V8 because its not but i want a better note of course - and gow much does it drone??

thanx

AU Falcon Forte, Auto I6, 2.5" Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Genie Extractors, BMC Panel Filter, Race Shift Kit, XR8 Snorkel, King Spring Superlows, 17" ROH Mags, Pedders Shocks, Tinted Windows, Blue In-Car Neons, In-Car Bluetooth, Black XR Interior, Momo Steering Wheel, Clarion Premium Sound

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

just remove the rear mufler. i have extractors to cat to single muffler (in the middle) then straight through. although yes it is very loud. its only loud when u want it to be. when you put the foot in it starts to really scream

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 03 BA XR6

VIC, Australia

it takes a month or two to get the full sound out of your exhaust...

dont be too disapointed straight away :P

2003 BA Ford Falcon XR6 | BF Typhoon Intake + K&N Filter | Lukey 2.5" catback zorst | More mods coming soon....

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

I'd rather a sweeter note than a louder note.

Example:

VN-VR Commodores with an aftermarket exhaust are generally louder than an EA-EL Falcon with an aftermarket exhaust, but the Falcons sound a hell of a lot sweeter.

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:02 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

yea i suppose - funny thats exactly what the old man said.... sounds nice and classy, and it says hey im a nice car.

But yea i'll give it a month or 2 and see how it goes it just to be nice and loud when you rev it and then the engine noise of the au takes over and drouns out the exhaust note any reason why that happens?? is it like that with all exhausts??

anyway i trust ur opinions and i'll leave it and see how it goes - cam wont make any difference will it?? and what about the tip the sound is just too hollow and now that deep nice sound you normally hear

AU Falcon Forte, Auto I6, 2.5" Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Genie Extractors, BMC Panel Filter, Race Shift Kit, XR8 Snorkel, King Spring Superlows, 17" ROH Mags, Pedders Shocks, Tinted Windows, Blue In-Car Neons, In-Car Bluetooth, Black XR Interior, Momo Steering Wheel, Clarion Premium Sound

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

cam will make a bit of a difference, but still, dont expect the sound to change ALOT, if your not happy now, you wont be happy then, go back to the exhaust centre you went to and tell them to take back one of their mufflers! shouldnt charge you much, or maybe nothing if you give them the muffler.

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

How much did it end up costing installed? and did you leave in the stock cat?

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

$700 - Genie Extractors, 2.5" redback exhaust including tip

um funny because i was just thinking the same thing i wonder if they changed the cat see that kinda slipped my mind when i had it booked...i have to take it back there so i'll ring and ask and if they didnt change the cat i'll get it changed - would that make a big difference??

and this is a stupid question - how far up is the cat and has anyone got a picture of it?

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Cat connects just after the extactors, you can see it from the engine bay.
In terms of the difference it makes, i'm not sure, all i know is that people say to get hi-flow cats but sometimes they arnt needed depending how your stock cat is. $700 for both installed sounds like a great price. I might get ringwood to do my BA's as they're not far from me.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII Ghia

i got my cam a week before i got my 2.5 Exhaust and i was to impatient so i installed the cam on the stock Exhaust and it made a very noticable difference in volume,

but i still have the resonater as i think it gives a better note especially with the cam, just gotta get extractors

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

i think you'll find you wont get that good deal - i got a great price because my mates brother owns it - im not sure what normal prices are

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: G60

VIC, Australia

just open up your rear muffler a little, does a great job

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Toa wrote:
just open up your rear muffler a little, does a great job
wouldnt that sound like a big exhaust leak? when he wants a louder exhaust... id stick with extractors,2.5 inch,cat,(have to by law) 1 muffler in a 2.5 inch.. should be nice n loud then...

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:49 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: au

WA, Australia

i got a 2 1/2 lukey straight thru fitted to my au from cat back and it sounds tough as, especially when downshifting gears it has a real nice crackle to it and a good note when my foots down, but yeah its onli loud when i want it to be :P

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ive extractors.stock cat, single muffler on a 2.5 inch exhaust,with a vt tip... is quiet off the throttle at low revs but has nice deep cracle on decelleration in gear n nice n loud under acceleration,but also stealthy when passing cops.. :lol:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next