Overheating probs 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Overheating probs
Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:15 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Falcon

NSW, Australia

G'day guys,
This is my first post so I'm sketchy if it works. I just wanted to ask for your experienced opinions. I was reading over some posts about head cracking being a common problem for EFs, and I have just replaced the box air filter in my 95 EF with a pod filter, performance is a little bit better plus it sounds a bit gutsier too, I just wanted to know if it might cause the engine to overheat, I've been monitoring the temp gauge and it's been alright so far. I had to take away the cold air scoop, but it seemed useless having it there anyway because it sat at the front of the engine at the top and the EFs don't have an open grill, perhaps a bit of airflow occurs just under the bonnet. anyway, advice woul be appreciated - thanks guys

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Isuzu MU-X ,2018 Kia Cerato

QLD, Australia

preventetive maintnance! keep your cooling system clean and air intakes free of obstructions and never block your bottom intake for your cooling system with spotlights ect. you shouldnt have too many problems

'96 DF II LTD 6cy
'15 Isuzu MUX LST

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

NSW, Australia

do a complete coolant flush every say 6 months. keep the coolant topped up, and keep the radiator free from bugs and obstructions.

as for the pod setup it may be best to put the airbox back in and run the pod inside the airbox. cause with the airbox out of the car the pod is just drawing in hot or warm air straight out of the engine bay but if u put the box back in with the snorkal back on you may notice a better difference with the cold air going in..

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:20 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EL Futura

NSW, Australia

pod wont effect your engin over heating. Any warm air it sucks in is minimal in effect to engin temp, engin temp mainly relies on the flow of coolant through the radiator and rpm (friction + combustion heat). Warm air hardly is anything to worry about, just make sure your never low on coolant and all should be well.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]