Fordmods Logo

pacemaker question 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

not sure when the change was. but all the sizes have changed on the web site and i've seen it mentioned on here

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

ACT, Australia

Interesting, never noticed the comp primary's diametre 44mm.. Must've been a change for the better yeah?

I like boost
http://www.venomexhaustworks.com.au

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

locknut wrote:
Interesting, never noticed the comp primary's diametre 44mm.. Must've been a change for the better yeah?

they wouldn't change it for no reason

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: vs cluby,elxr6t

VIC, Australia

ive got the normal pacemakers will be for sale as im going turbo.

My brother has the comp ones and they definately flow better id recomend you get them and a high flow cat and one single muffler no rear resignator.

wish i had bigger wheels.

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

I bought new set of pacies today and i decided on the 4499 ones over the 4480's as the exhaust shop where i got them from had 2 pretty much brand new 4480's there that had to be replaced due to cracking at the collector joins and let me tell you these headers were not very old at all, still had a lot of blue paint on them from new

They said they have had to replace a LOT of the comp series ones for this reason but the 4499's don't seem to crack so this is reason i decided on the 4499 ones

If you don't do it whilst your livin, you aint got no bloody chance when your dead!!!

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TickXR wrote:
I bought new set of pacies today and i decided on the 4499 ones over the 4480's as the exhaust shop where i got them from had 2 pretty much brand new 4480's there that had to be replaced due to cracking at the collector joins and let me tell you these headers were not very old at all, still had a lot of blue paint on them from new

They said they have had to replace a LOT of the comp series ones for this reason but the 4499's don't seem to crack so this is reason i decided on the 4499 ones

ive put my comps through hell since i got them about 4 years ago. even to the point of holding the the loud pedal flat to floor for 2.5 mins straight a number of times in a burnout comp. many trips down the 1/4mile and many long distance highway trips and have no cracking, nor have i until this point ever heard of them having a problem with cracking and i've spent the last 6 od years working either in an exhaust/mechanical shop for 2 and half years and then in 2 performance workshops .

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
ive put my comps through hell since i got them about 4 years ago. even to the point of holding the the loud pedal flat to floor for 2.5 mins straight a number of times in a burnout comp. many trips down the 1/4mile and many long distance highway trips and have no cracking, nor have i until this point ever heard of them having a problem with cracking and i've spent the last 6 od years working either in an exhaust/mechanical shop for 2 and half years and then in 2 performance workshops .

Guess ones i saw must be a minority then, but none the less this was reason i bought mine over the comps, guess if i went to another shop i would've ended up with comps

If you don't do it whilst your livin, you aint got no bloody chance when your dead!!!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2