Fordmods Logo

pacemaker question 

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: pacemaker question
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Hi,
i knows there area lot of threads on extractors, but i couldnt find what im after, so sorry if its there im known to be blind sumtimes.
I was wondering what the difference is between normal pacemaker headers and the comp pacemaker headers? does the difference/gain outweigh the cost side of it. Also, im looking at getting a set for My ED xr6, what would i be looking at for a set? and anyone reccomend a pkace in Syd? cheers

BA XR6 Turbo, Blueprint, 18's, Premium Sound, Leather.

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

The comp headers make more power at a certain amount of revs whereas the normal ones spread the power out throughout the rev range.

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: GLXR 6

WA, Australia

I heard the normal ones are down low where as the comps are up high, but dont hold me to that :P

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

comps more low to mid torque others are more top end. no argument about it
theres been 52 topics about this do a search

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... extractors

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EL Futura

QLD, Australia

i talked to my uncle he is an motor engineer and he said unless ur pumping out some serious power they are to big, so yha not worth it ay!!!!! he did flow tests to prove it on several brands of extractors :) :)

El Futura
Pacemaker extractors, hiflow cat, 2.5 cat back, DBA slotted rotors, K&N, dev 5 head and cam, 75 shot noss, 20's.ba Detroit locker. 3.9 gears, CAI and outher stuff.....

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

There's a lot of different opinions and it depends what tehy base it on - looking at the pipe sizing and that most people seem to conclude that the Comps should make good low and mid range power.
However, the Comps unlike the normals are tuned length and so are tuned to make peak power and a specifically chosen RPM, generally this would be in the mid to high range. So based on this I would be concluding the comps should end up as a good overall power improving set of extractors.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i called up pacemaker before getting mine and they told me that top end of the two are very similar but the comps have more bottom end torque, being a better buy for autos.

96 EF FAIRMONT
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:35 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

wouldthese be what im after? the price seems good?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PACEMAKER-HEADER ... dZViewItem

OR there

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-EA-EB-ED-EF ... dZViewItem

cheers

BA XR6 Turbo, Blueprint, 18's, Premium Sound, Leather.

Post subject: price
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

QLD, Australia

yer thats not too bad....i was quoted $410 for those at an exhaust shop up here, so yer sounds alrite!

99 AU Fairlane Ghia V8 Black Leather, 19" ANZ 5+5's with 245/35 rubber
Full sound system. Extractors, Dual 2.25" exhaust.
Lowered on Tickford XR8 springs and shocks!!

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

ACT, Australia

I'm on the hunt too.. and the ultimate parts ones are the better buy. I remember last year tho, onlineperformance were selling them for $327.99, but I couldn't justify them on my EA Series I CFi!

I like boost
http://www.venomexhaustworks.com.au

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

twr7cx wrote:
There's a lot of different opinions and it depends what tehy base it on - looking at the pipe sizing and that most people seem to conclude that the Comps should make good low and mid range power.
However, the Comps unlike the normals are tuned length and so are tuned to make peak power and a specifically chosen RPM, generally this would be in the mid to high range. So based on this I would be concluding the comps should end up as a good overall power improving set of extractors.

the original comps had a smaller primary pipe and were lacking in the top end, pacmaker have changed the pipe size to equal that of the other set, giving them a bit of boost in the top end to bring them inline with the other pipes in regards to peak power. but being the design they are, they still produce a strong low end and midrange. With the larger primary pipe they have now, they would be my choise on anything with big overlap cams, as by design they have maximum seperation of cylinders, wich will help smooth out the idle and help with drivabilty down low

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ed falcon

NSW, Australia

from a couple of guys i know who own an exhaust place in sydney hurricane extractors for I6 are exactly the same, same welding,same material, same pipe lengths and all mandrell bent too but for bout 80 buks cheaper so worth a look into that..

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

ACT, Australia

What happened to Hurricane? They're still around then?! Anyone sell em online?

I like boost
http://www.venomexhaustworks.com.au

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
twr7cx wrote:

the original comps had a smaller primary pipe and were lacking in the top end, pacmaker have changed the pipe size to equal that of the other set, giving them a bit of boost in the top end to bring them inline with the other pipes in regards to peak power. but being the design they are, they still produce a strong low end and midrange. With the larger primary pipe they have now, they would be my choise on anything with big overlap cams, as by design they have maximum seperation of cylinders, wich will help smooth out the idle and help with drivabilty down low

When you talk about the original comps, how long ago are we looking at?>

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next