Fordmods Logo

Petrol Fouled Plugs 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Petrol Fouled Plugs
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:45 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL Falcon Street Stock

TAS, Australia

Plugs I'm after are SF6D and I found the Leads Part # SL30612. Leads were $160.00 Trade but I remember Vicky said they were really looking after me at that price.

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

have you got a tickford head? if so, the plugs are sf522d

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

TAS, Australia

No Tickford Head, just a modded std head with differing Valve cuts and slightly raised compression. Any idea what is the difference in heads? We are limited to Head that came withe that std falcon (EL) model.

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

different ports, bigger exhaust valve and slightly more compression

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Its fairly usual to foul plugs on a modified engine if it hasn't been tuned. Your class should allow it?

The XR/LPG plugs are a good way to get a slight compression rise from the extra protrusion and going hotter will help burn off soot, but neither fix the root cause.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:36 pm 
Oompa Loompa

TAS, Australia

galapogos01 I replaced the Pressure Regulator and She's all good now. We weren't looking forward to replacing the ECU if we had too. It's quite the drama getting a new one passed by the powers that be.

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:02 am 
Oompa Loompa

TAS, Australia

Interesting to see a few other Falcons (and crummydore) last night with fueling problems.

We have (read HAD) ours running well. The handling and hooking up is much better (Koni's all round no Sway Bars) but .......... had a rock punch a hole through the sump (up high towards the rear right side) and it was blowing Oil straight out onto the exhaust then the Engine broke a Plug (#1 cyl) internally (still finished 2nd). I replaced the Plug but it's running rough as and is up and down in it's Idle revs. Also blew the Flange of new Exhaust.

2 nights of torrid racing. Much to do but we finally have the speed to run with the quick boys...... the car Owner say's he's 'over it' and told his Wife (who has bigger balls than him) that he's retired because he's fed up with the problems!

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:22 pm 
Oompa Loompa

TAS, Australia

Got a fresh question for you guys. Included in the above description of rough running I did a Plug Read and the rear three Plugs are quite sooty black whilst the front Plugs are greyish. Any idea's what causes this in the El's? I'm also suspecting a Valve / Head Gasket failure.

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:00 am 
Oompa Loompa

TAS, Australia

Well it's been interesting. We broke #1 Rod, broke #1 piston, split the bore, took out the sump and baffle and did some damage to the Head which included a bent Exhaust Valve in #4

Had a new short motor built by the same Pro(?) Engine Builder and got the car to the Oz Titles here in Tassie with about an hour to spare.

Breezed thru scrutineering and timed 20th from 56 cars in Practice Thursday night.

Friday night our Driver took it real easy in Heat 1 as it was very wet track.

In our second Heat the track had settled down so Matty let the cat out of the bag and jumped into the lead from position 8 on about the third lap. With a lap and half to go was leading easily when the engine let go again.

I've learn't a lot about Fords that run in this tough class. We had good race pace but s**t happens.

My Contract with this Street Stock Speedway Team is done and I thank you guys for your help.

Game over........

Next, I'm running my Proton Satria GTi in the Tassie State Hillclimb Series where after Round 1 find myself in the class lead.

And another Ford Team (different class) in Speedway want me for next Season.........

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2