Fordmods Logo

Plug near PCM 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Plug near PCM
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 424

Joined: 8th Jul 2009

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

Location: Waikato
New Zealand

Does anyone know what this plug near the PCM is for? It must have a purpose...


Attachment:
132294265_141338097787984_5413815795941335449_o.jpg
132294265_141338097787984_5413815795941335449_o.jpg [ 458.35 KiB | Viewed 37 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Plug near PCM
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 849

Joined: 16th May 2012

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

5h4dy wrote:
Does anyone know what this plug near the PCM is for? It must have a purpose...


Attachment:
132294265_141338097787984_5413815795941335449_o.jpg


On a non turbo car it would be for the inlet manifold control
Between the short and long runner ,is it a factory turbo?

 

_________________

XG ute now powered with DOHC-BARRA 182/Tiger extractors/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753-60.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Plug near PCM
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 424

Joined: 8th Jul 2009

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

Location: Waikato
New Zealand

johnnyeHCF wrote:
5h4dy wrote:
Does anyone know what this plug near the PCM is for? It must have a purpose...


Attachment:
132294265_141338097787984_5413815795941335449_o.jpg


On a non turbo car it would be for the inlet manifold control
Between the short and long runner ,is it a factory turbo?



Ummm that's just a sample image, but the plug is not connected to anything on any of the NA cars we have either
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Plug near PCM
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 849

Joined: 16th May 2012

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

This would have no purpose on a turbo falcon as the butterfly's are removed from the manifold.

 

_________________

XG ute now powered with DOHC-BARRA 182/Tiger extractors/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753-60.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Plug near PCM
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 849

Joined: 16th May 2012

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Not sure,how many wires?

 

_________________

XG ute now powered with DOHC-BARRA 182/Tiger extractors/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753-60.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Plug near PCM
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 424

Joined: 8th Jul 2009

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

Location: Waikato
New Zealand

johnnyeHCF wrote:
This would have no purpose on a turbo falcon as the butterfly's are removed from the manifold.


Pretty sure we're talking about different plugs, unless that's a different one in the photo than the one I mean. long story short, I couldn't be assed going out and taking a photo so I just circled that plug
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Plug near PCM
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 424

Joined: 8th Jul 2009

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

Location: Waikato
New Zealand

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Not sure,how many wires?



My bad - you're right :lol: I went outside and had a look and that plug is connected where you said. It must be a different one I'm thinking of, but it's too dark to see.

Thanks though :oops:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Plug near PCM
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 849

Joined: 16th May 2012

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

5h4dy wrote:
johnnyeHCF wrote:
This would have no purpose on a turbo falcon as the butterfly's are removed from the manifold.


Pretty sure we're talking about different plugs, unless that's a different one in the photo than the one I mean. long story short, I couldn't be assed going out and taking a photo so I just circled that plug



This would be the plug I take it?

 

 

Attachments:
File comment: Plug near ecu and earth wire.
IMG_20201225_47243.jpg
IMG_20201225_47243.jpg [ 44.72 KiB | Viewed 34 times ]

 

_________________

XG ute now powered with DOHC-BARRA 182/Tiger extractors/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753-60.html

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:13 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names