Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:57 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

needfordspeed wrote:
There's noway i'm payin $800 for one lol, i'm just tryin to see if any other joint does it cheaper......otherwise i'll have to invest in a dremal.

From memory I've read mock get them abrasive ported gilly?
I think, not 100%?
So not a dremel job, they force an abrasive paste through the whole thing, it's meant to only take away the "restrictive" parts, basically because its fairly fluid it follws a natural fluid flow path or some s**t LOL
Dunno, I know its expensive but!
Might be worth giving Brendan a bell about it, if it is that, maybe just cut out the middle man and go straight to someone that does abrasive porting.

Gilly you should get that guy from warnambool to work the EF though, you might do 12s brother!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

Yeah I gave Brendan a call about it already but he didn't explain what they do exactly, i'll have to take in somewhere and see what they can do...So far it sounds like it'd be more trouble than it's worth...

lol at 12's i've already ran heaps of 12's but got no time slips :P with a 2.5 sec 60' too!

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ED Falcon

SA, Australia

I have match ported the BBM at the head and removed the butterflies and ported the butterfly side to remove any restriction to airflow, however, that was for a forced induction application.

You would have to be carefull if porting around the butterflies if you intend to continue to use them in a N/A application.

Porting is not that effective unless you open up and port the intake side of the head.

If you intend to port the manifold yourself, set aside 2 to 3 days, a die grinder, flexi shaft, flap wheels, carbide burrs and a compressor.

My heads were opened up 40 to 45 thou each and as I said the manifold was match ported.

I post here cos the russian tank driver doesn't

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:15 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU 6

VIC, Australia

yeah hes car is in to the 12's now i think! el 6 thats good. WELL i got a BBM for nothing today off a Au, so i will be sending it to warnambool for work, i cant remeber what hes got done to his manifold but done it himself, my heads intake ports are abrasive ported as well i think and the guy in warnambool did that for me too.

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:18 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

i cant remember why it was done its something to do with the fuel from memory? the exhaust side of the head was done normallly with the die grinder etc! strange theres a reason behind it

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

If the gasket between the manifold and head is smaller than the ports, i'm trimming that to size, prob gain some herbs on my stocko EF.

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:26 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Joesau wrote:
yeah hes car is in to the 12's now i think! el 6 thats good. WELL i got a BBM for nothing today off a Au, so i will be sending it to warnambool for work, i cant remeber what hes got done to his manifold but done it himself, my heads intake ports are abrasive ported as well i think and the guy in warnambool did that for me too.

Oh wow, he does abrasive porting in his backyard?
He's in the 12s NA yeah?
Or is it on n2o now :?:

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:30 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

yeah low 13's n/a, now 12's on a 50 shot, still the Nos isnt tuned 100% and will see quicker times that last i heard. Just split the BBM manifold i bought and im starting to realize this will be a headache in the making so im not doing it, i will sell this BBM i bought, theres no power to be had 1-2kw-3 big deal.....

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:38 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

your car really has to be punching out some serious numbers for the BBM to be holding you back, even then you wouldnt bother with a bbm you would switch to a custom plenum by croydon racing developements or micks metal craft i f you were serious about n/a power

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

Thanks to Jared I tracked down the people that do the abrasive porting (power porting) for JMM, I don't know the mobs name but the number is 03 5330 1123, they charge $660 for a BBM manifold and flow is increased by 25cfm per runner after they're done with it.

Just to let anyone that's interested know...

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3