Prices on cam gear! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Prices on cam gear!
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:48 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

Hey all

Ive got a few questions if anyone can help. The 1637 wade cam in a el xr6 5sp, how much would shims set me back? and vernier gear and springs? Also how much would a chip cost to properly tune my car if i decide to go bigger cam later on, anyone have any reccomondations of what type of chip were to buy and prices etc.? Would anyone have a rough clue as to how much extra kw i would get just by throwing in a 1637 with shims? or if anyone with similar mods has run their car?

Any info would be great
cheers

Ford Built Tough!

Post subject: Re: Prices on cam gear!
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:18 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

[TIRANO] wrote:
Hey all

Ive got a few questions if anyone can help. The 1637 wade cam in a el xr6 5sp, how much would shims set me back? and vernier gear and springs? Also how much would a chip cost to properly tune my car if i decide to go bigger cam later on, anyone have any reccomondations of what type of chip were to buy and prices etc.? Would anyone have a rough clue as to how much extra kw i would get just by throwing in a 1637 with shims? or if anyone with similar mods has run their car?

Any info would be great
cheers

You should try and use the search function, this stuff has been covered. But since you already started another thread.

Wade Cam without postage is $135 for a swap if I remember correctly, look at their forum section in the site sponsors section. Vernier gears can set you back $150 give or take depending on where you buy it. Shims from Ford sets you back about $40-50. Springs and ECU I am unsure of.

I am running a 1673 at the moment and you can feel the power really kick in from about 3000 - 5500. Down low there is a noticeable increase though nothing to brag about. Depending on your timing, if you advance or retard the timing power will kick in earlier or later. There is already a thread on the 1673 search it...it will answer all your questions.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR Turbo

NSW, Australia

you could always goto your local self serve wrecker and get some shims there also. its not asif they wear.

personally i would resent paying $50 for a set of shims..

-mitch

BF XR6T 6spd Auto. 60lb injectors, Hybrid Cooler, Custom Piping, Custom Surge Tank, Actuator.

12.3 @ 114

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]