Fordmods Logo

Problem with AUXR6 jerking and cutting out 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Problem with AUXR6 jerking and cutting out
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:24 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU XR6 II

NSW, Australia

When driving at any speed in any gear, the car jerks and cut out like there was no fuel getting to the engine, it wouldn't stall but it would almost die, sometimes it would stall when I started it, it would do this the hotter the car got.

Which led me to two things fuel system and ignition module.

I originally took it to ford and they replaced the fuel filter and said that it was fixed, but still to no avail, so now they said that they will have to take out the fuel tank and check it out?

anyone had a similar problem?

AU XR6 II, 5 SPEED MANUAL, RED, 18" Kaotics RIms :)

soon to come: extractors, exhaust, 19"rims and superlows.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Could be a number of things. spark plugs, leads, battery terminals, poor ground contacts, dirty injectors.
sounds like water in the fuel tank to me {maybe}. best way to find out is listen to the exhaust note, if you hear popping sounds & see a puff of steam from your tail pipe then its moisture. theres a product out in the market that you pour into your tank, it bonds with water & mixes it with the fuel. I think thats how it works. I'll check the above first before you part with your $$$$.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:33 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Well, I have decided not to take it back to ford, I am going to take it to another mechanic in town and get him to check it out, I haven't seen any moisture coming out of the exhaust, but I would be putting my money on something like plug leads as the problem only becomes evident when the car is hot.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

EL4.0L wrote:
Well, I have decided not to take it back to ford, I am going to take it to another mechanic in town and get him to check it out, I haven't seen any moisture coming out of the exhaust, but I would be putting my money on something like plug leads as the problem only becomes evident when the car is hot.
pour some concentrated injector cleaner in your tank for the next couple of tank fulls. its also likely they are clogged up, making it run lean. knock budda ping.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:40 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

did u end up fixing ur problem? it might be ur dizzy or the dizzy cap. the contacts might not actually touch all the time and so u feel it jerk becos the sparks didn't fire at times. cause it happened to my EA. during a normal drive it would just stop turning and all electrics turn off and a split second later it would start up again and back to normal......the problem was my dizzy was all stuffed up and there was poor contact causing the stalls. thats all i can say from experience other then that it might be fuel line or sparkies itself or some loose wiring.

hope that helps

cheers

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

phongus wrote:
did u end up fixing ur problem? it might be ur dizzy or the dizzy cap. the contacts might not actually touch all the time and so u feel it jerk becos the sparks didn't fire at times. cause it happened to my EA. during a normal drive it would just stop turning and all electrics turn off and a split second later it would start up again and back to normal......the problem was my dizzy was all stuffed up and there was poor contact causing the stalls. thats all i can say from experience other then that it might be fuel line or sparkies itself or some loose wiring.

hope that helps

cheers

phong =P~
the AU runs on coil packs, but you could be right about electrical. had the same symptoms on my AU, I found out it was poor grounding, fixed it with one of those performance ground wire kits.

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:05 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

coool. here u got the problem fixed. drive save

cheers

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:50 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

I took it into a mechanic yesterday who told me that he had replaced all of the spark plugs as they were very bad, and that when he took it for a drive the check engine warning light came on.

Its gotta go back into Ford next wednesday (Free of Charge) and they are going to check out the engine management computer.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]