Fordmods Logo

Problems with el Falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Problems with el Falcon
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:12 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: El falcon 96

NSW, Australia

Hey guys just signed up for this webiste seems like i might be able to get some answers here :D

ok so i bought a el falcon 96 model for 450 ( so problems are expected for the price i guess) and it has a nasty rattle.

anyways when i bought it the lady said the rattle is "just the boot" but it sounds like its somewhere in the steering

my mate reckons it could be one of the engine mounts, it sounds worse when i go round corners or over bumps kinda sounds like something is loose.

Also when i put my foot down is takes probably like 3-4 seconds to kick in then just revs its guts out and doesn't go anywhere, is this normal for an el or is something wrong there as well?

1 more question ( bare with me lol) $20 petrol would get me about 50-60kms of city driving is this good for a 6cyl or not?

Thanks guys kinda new to the whole car scene but eager to learn. :D

Post subject: Re: Problems with el Falcon
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EF 5Sp Wagon

VIC, Australia

It's really hard to comment as there are a lot of different things that can cause what you're saying.

You may want to start of checking your codes from the ECU, there is a tech doc for that somewhere.

As for the fuel consumption, that really heavily depends on your driving style, I can get through about $50 in 30km. There are a lot of things that can influence it such as map sensor and O2 sensor. If it detects the wrong thing it'll pour fuel in and make it run rich, it may also cause a lack of power.

Post subject: Re: Problems with el Falcon
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: El falcon 96

NSW, Australia

Thanks for the response Man I appreciate it.

With the fuel consumption I put city driving, I wouldn't really call it City driving as I live in a country town but I can stick 20 in it and I can drive on the highway to my home which is 15kms each way (doing the speed limit of 90kms) like two times and the tank will be on empty but Yeh lol just seems like it chews up too much.

As for the map sensor would it be worth replacing? If so how much?

And does a hole in the exhaust affect fuel consumption?

Thanks man appreciate the help

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]