Fordmods Logo

Quote to fix rear main seal - Sydney 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Quote to fix rear main seal - Sydney
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

You can also take it anywhere you want for the repairs but only he cab sign it off.
Afaik they can run th e car for 5minutes and if it dosnt actually drip onto the floor within that time they can't fail it.
We have had plenty of cars that have slow leaks from rear mains and crank seals that just army worth fixing cos they are s**t. All we do then is wash it all of for them then and there, charge em up to $25 depending on the spread of oil and send em on their way.
Obviously if it's pissing out you cant do that.
If you havnt noticed any leaks he's off his head. And I bet it's not even the rear main, probably the timing case leaking down along the sump and off the bell housing.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2002 AU Fairlane Sportsman

NSW, Australia

If you are not happy with his actions, you can take it to another authorized inspection centre and have it inspected. It means that you have lost the money that you paid this guy but if you think he is shonky then go elsewhere. This recently occurred to the receptionist at work. Her husband recently died suddenly and her car was up for rego. She took it to a well known franchise tyre and mechanical shop here at Narellan and she told the guy of her circumstance and that she was unsure of what had to be done. Her husband had been a customer of this tyre shop for about 6 years and had all 4 vehicles that they own inspected and worked on by this guy. The dollar sign must have appeared in this cretins' head and he told her that the car needed new tyres and he would not pass it for rego. He completed the inspection form and noted that the tyres were not roadworthy. At 32K kilometres this seemed a bit rich. He then went on to say that for a special deal of 105 dollars each he could supply 4 tyres. She came back to work upset and believing that she was being taken for a ride due to being a female. Bloody oath she was. I sent her to another reputable local tyre shop and they said that the tyres were fine for rego, still had about 10 to 15 thousand kays left and they would pass the car for rego. I rang Roads & Maritime and the guy told me that she can go elsewhere to have the car inspected without any dramas. The car was inspected, passed and the rego has been paid. That was 6 weeks ago and no comeback. I tell everyone at work to steer clear of this cretin but I cannot say his company name due to legal issues. A lot of guys do believe that only the original inspector can sign off a reject, this is not true.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

what else did he fail?

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
79raven wrote:
By the sound of it too I would go to another bloke for the blue slip, seems like he is more after some extra cash than doing a proper job and will find something else to pick on your next visit.

Providing the fail paperwork has been written up for the blue slip they are only allowed to check what is on the list they have failed it on during the second inspection.
They cant start going over it again to fail what they have already passed.

Didnt know that. Thats the same as a RWC in Victoria then. I have to get a blue slip on the Navara when its finished so thats handy to know.
I did have an issue with a bloke in Griffith who did a pink slip for me that was a shopping list ( so it failed) and when I called RTA about it they said I could get another pink slip done by someone else, thats what I used as a reference so thanks for clearing that up.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Chargd wrote:
what else did he fail?

Lower ball joint (left side) and brakes, both fair call I think. I was aware of the brakes so I'd already bought discs and pads.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2