Fordmods Logo

Random key in rear bumper? 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1204

Joined: 24th Apr 2010

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

Location: Bleakheath
NSW, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
the best solution is dont be stupid enough to loose your key in the first place...


youve never owned a car that has crazy door locks once in a blue moon?



The EL wagon I had did it to the Mrs and the Ef Fairmont I have also has done it to me. Id rather smash a window and replace that than leave a key in a " safe place". Nothings safe. Hell a bloke on here a while ago changed his wheels at his place to find they were gone the next day, who's to say nobody has seen you put the key in that safe place or saw you retrieve it last time you did?
Also, people will steal a bog roll if they want it or just for the thrill. A " midrange car" could make a decent profit on eBay in parts.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1204

Joined: 24th Apr 2010

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

Location: Bleakheath
NSW, Australia

All myself and a few others are saying is do you leave your bank cards pin in your wallet in case you forget it? Leaving a key on the car is just one more thing that allows a thief to flog your car. No car's safe, but all you can do is limit the risk the best you can.

Also about midrange cars, I owned a Vh commywhore about 10 years ago when I was living in Frankston. It use to get flogged all the time and found not far away because it had a f**k engine. They even stole a cut up piece of non-slip pad one time, so any cars worth stealing to someone.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 843

Joined: 20th Feb 2010

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

Location: Elizibif Norf (Local Spelling!!)
SA, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Esteven8 wrote:
A better practice is to keep the spare in your wallet.. as 99 percent of the time you will have either your keys or wallet with you.


how often do wallets go missing..........

i'd say more often than a rear bumper with key attached
Lol, that is true..
However the point I was making was this, how often do you get out of the car without 1st grabbing either your keys or your wallet? Speaking for myself, it'd be a cold day in hell before I leave them both in the car.

The entire reason behind having a spare is so you can get back in if you lock the keys in, BUT having a spare left somewhere on the car will cause issues with insurance if it's stolen or broken into by someone finding and using said key... and no doubt the insurance company WILL find out, as they are pretty good at finding ways out of paying up. Hence why I don't leave a spare on the car.

 

_________________

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.


Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Esteven8 wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:
Esteven8 wrote:
A better practice is to keep the spare in your wallet.. as 99 percent of the time you will have either your keys or wallet with you.


how often do wallets go missing..........

i'd say more often than a rear bumper with key attached
Lol, that is true..
However the point I was making was this, how often do you get out of the car without 1st grabbing either your keys or your wallet? Speaking for myself, it'd be a cold day in hell before I leave them both in the car.

The entire reason behind having a spare is so you can get back in if you lock the keys in, BUT having a spare left somewhere on the car will cause issues with insurance if it's stolen or broken into by someone finding and using said key... and no doubt the insurance company WILL find out, as they are pretty good at finding ways out of paying up. Hence why I don't leave a spare on the car.


knows of an EF that got stolen due to the keys where in the car on the driveway next door they ended up with a nice fairmont in replace i witnessed it get destroyed

but why we blasting Krytox you never know he could come out and have some kind of wicked security in his drive way / garage and then use like sex toys on the unsub you just dont know people these days
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1008

Joined: 21st Dec 2004

Ride: ED V8

Location: driving under the sun........now!
WA, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
that's true T-man

The thing is as the other guy who said he keeps his key with a zip tie he could be some kind of physio which may have a sensor light sensor triggered into his bedroom to alert him only you never know he could be a crazy person and do unthinkable things lol


What's he gonna do?? Give him a massage and try to fix that niggling pain from a sports injury??

I don't get it!!! :lol:

 

_________________

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

philaddis wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:
that's true T-man

The thing is as the other guy who said he keeps his key with a zip tie he could be some kind of physio which may have a sensor light sensor triggered into his bedroom to alert him only you never know he could be a crazy person and do unthinkable things lol


What's he gonna do?? Give him a massage and try to fix that niggling pain from a sports injury??

I don't get it!!! :lol:


LOL i just wrote above and went to far

its actually what im setting up so if anyone steps foot on the driveway at night.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1204

Joined: 24th Apr 2010

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

Location: Bleakheath
NSW, Australia

One of my 2 security lights

Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 843

Joined: 20th Feb 2010

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

Location: Elizibif Norf (Local Spelling!!)
SA, Australia

79raven wrote:
One of my 2 security lights

Image
He's a great colour for night time... never see him coming. :)

 

_________________

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.


Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:54 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 4093

Joined: 20th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

Location: Seaford State:
VIC, Australia

lol, I have no idea why I bother on this forum anymore.

So many narrow minded members.

The old owner of the car which the bumper skirt came from, could have had a family, have been a rep and travelled huge amounts or has been locked out in snowtown before.

And in the unfortunate event of having his items stolen, lost or whatever could happen, wouldn't render him, or his family without the car for shelter or transport.

I do have a spare key buried at home and also my work has a hidden key for all employees if 'something' happens. - there was a moto years ago - be prepared.

How many people inform their insurance of 'all' traffic violations?

Maybe we all should chain our wallets and keys to our pants and be sheep.

 

_________________

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1204

Joined: 24th Apr 2010

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

Location: Bleakheath
NSW, Australia

Image[/quote]He's a great colour for night time... never see him coming. :)[/quote]
No s**t, got him from a former isreali soldier. Dogs trained as a guard, yet safe around families. He's a purebred Bull Mastiff who's sister is the current Australian champion. Ive seen him break cow shins in one bite. He watches my family, and I feed him and look out for him. Good dog, but horny like a mother f**k........ Wanted to breed him but the breed rights from the parents cost more than my car. Was thinking about looking out for a Ridgeback b**ch. Poor bastard just needs a good root and we have all been there......
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 843

Joined: 20th Feb 2010

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

Location: Elizibif Norf (Local Spelling!!)
SA, Australia

79raven wrote:
No s**t, got him from a former isreali soldier. Dogs trained as a guard, yet safe around families. He's a purebred Bull Mastiff who's sister is the current Australian champion. Ive seen him break cow shins in one bite. He watches my family, and I feed him and look out for him. Good dog, but horny like a mother f**k........ Wanted to breed him but the breed rights from the parents cost more than my car. Was thinking about looking out for a Ridgeback b**ch. Poor bastard just needs a good root and we have all been there......

Lol,
I had visions of that South Park episode where Cartman show the others how to 'milk' a dog... "But it's gotta be a boy dog.."
Wow how this thread has changed tack. :)

 

_________________

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.


Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Esteven8 wrote:
79raven wrote:
No s**t, got him from a former isreali soldier. Dogs trained as a guard, yet safe around families. He's a purebred Bull Mastiff who's sister is the current Australian champion. Ive seen him break cow shins in one bite. He watches my family, and I feed him and look out for him. Good dog, but horny like a mother f**k........ Wanted to breed him but the breed rights from the parents cost more than my car. Was thinking about looking out for a Ridgeback b**ch. Poor bastard just needs a good root and we have all been there......

Lol,
I had visions of that South Park episode where Cartman show the others how to 'milk' a dog... "But it's gotta be a boy dog.."
Wow how this thread has changed tack. :)


HAHAHHA

oh man i wonder if it under stands commands in isreali lingo you should try it :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1204

Joined: 24th Apr 2010

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

Location: Bleakheath
NSW, Australia

He weighs 80kg, his paws are bigger than my wifes hands, his heads monstrous and people stop in there cars when I walk him. They were originally bred to take down human poachers and hold them till the farm owners came to collect and hang the dogs catch. They have a second eye lid to prevent a poked eyes, a huge solid head that's designed to withstand what ever the human throws at it and the jaw strength to crush bone.
The former soldier came to Australia to start a family. He flew to Wagga to be there when the dog was born, raised it for 2 years and then his wife got up the duff. She went anal about a clean house for a clean kid, making the kid allergic to everything..... dog included. I came to him off a free to good home ad while I was searching for a Staffy. Great dog though, would recommend bullys to anyone.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

79raven wrote:
He weighs 80kg, his paws are bigger than my wifes hands, his heads monstrous and people stop in there cars when I walk him. They were originally bred to take down human poachers and hold them till the farm owners came to collect and hang the dogs catch. They have a second eye lid to prevent a poked eyes, a huge solid head that's designed to withstand what ever the human throws at it and the jaw strength to crush bone.
The former soldier came to Australia to start a family. He flew to Wagga to be there when the dog was born, raised it for 2 years and then his wife got up the duff. She went anal about a clean house for a clean kid, making the kid allergic to everything..... dog included. I came to him off a free to good home ad while I was searching for a Staffy. Great dog though, would recommend bullys to anyone.


dam that is a big dog scaryyy

nice i so want a Belgium Shepard and teach it commands in dutch so no one can understand so if it attacks and people are shouting stop don't it just will not reply to them

im so evil!!!!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Random key in rear bumper?
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 843

Joined: 20th Feb 2010

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

Location: Elizibif Norf (Local Spelling!!)
SA, Australia

I have a kelpie X who understands commands in German..

 

_________________

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.


Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:46 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names