Fordmods Logo

Rear tyres won't loose traction 

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

We actually have a series 3 AU at work that won't spin the wheels on anything but a wet road, and a AU series 1 that will spin them easy in the dry.

Really strange...

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

velcro wrote:
We actually have a series 3 AU at work that won't spin the wheels on anything but a wet road, and a AU series 1 that will spin them easy in the dry.

Really strange...

does the III have traction control?

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

EL__Fairmont wrote:
I had to get rid of my 205/15's tyres on my car. Any more than half throttle i would lose traction in the dry and spin the wheels all the way up the road. In the wet it was god damn dangerous.

So i got 16in mags witth 225/50/16 Sava Intensa directional tyres and i can still spin them piss easy. Off the lights when i floor it they spin, holding the brake the spin on the spot and going around a corner i can get some serious spin all the way up to 2nd gear change.

i would say buddy you have a serious problem with your car.

sorry mate but i find that hard to beleive, judging by your signiture you dont have an aftermarket cam. 3/4 throttle spinning all the way up the road in the dry? i doubt it.

my mates 300rwkw N/A VT SS genIII wont even do that, not at 3/4 throttle. It will if full throttle is given from standing start, and thats on the 15's (205s)

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
EL__Fairmont wrote:
I had to get rid of my 205/15's tyres on my car. Any more than half throttle i would lose traction in the dry and spin the wheels all the way up the road. In the wet it was god damn dangerous.

So i got 16in mags witth 225/50/16 Sava Intensa directional tyres and i can still spin them piss easy. Off the lights when i floor it they spin, holding the brake the spin on the spot and going around a corner i can get some serious spin all the way up to 2nd gear change.

i would say buddy you have a serious problem with your car.

sorry mate but i find that hard to beleive, judging by your signiture you dont have an aftermarket cam. 3/4 throttle spinning all the way up the road in the dry? i doubt it.

my mates 300rwkw N/A VT SS genIII wont even do that, not at 3/4 throttle. It will if full throttle is given from standing start, and thats on the 15's (205s)

his probably got less then 30% left on the treads plus the aid of road dust thats making it so easy to spin. :roll:
Unless he has a high torque cam that his not aware of. :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

*cough* diesel spill *cough*

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

EL__Fairmont wrote:
fairmont599 wrote:
man savas would have to be worse than stocky 205's lol.
they are almost the worst tyre i have ever driven on... a retard whos never driven a car before could smoke them!

Well they handle alot better than the bridgestone RE-88's i had on the car before. I get really good wear out off them, driving in the wet the car handles soooooooooo much better and braking has also improved especially with the ABS my car has.

and for the price i reckon there top value.

please tell me your joking? man sava's provide NO grip in the wet, iv driven in cars with near on bald 205's on the back that have more grip than any sava! theyre the s**t tyres ever, they are really soft compund which just make the car yuck to drive. the wear tho i suppose isnt too bad for such a cheap tyre. iv done about 15000km on mine an they have a fair bit of meat left

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

(SLICK), yeah it does feel and sound like it bogs down when I go full throttle from being stopped

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

4.0L wrote:
(SLICK), yeah it does feel and sound like it bogs down when I go full throttle from being stopped
Same here, that issue was address by installing a high torque crowcam.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:19 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA falcon

SA, Australia

i got a stock ef, i hav no probs spinning the wheels. standstils and around corners, so fun. i rekon put it in 1st and pump the brake. shuld work.

Real Men Smoke Rubber

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

wtf... guys can't even get their wheels spinning in the wet? :shock:

Gawd my car was scary with my mods and the stocko 205 re92's, even overtaking they would get a spin up at 4000rpm...
Now with 235 pirelli dragons i must admit in the dry it aint exacly too easy but i still tend to burn off more rubber than i can probably afford.

Take off from shops... give it a bit of a squirt drive home 5ish mins away get out of car and smell rubber... :oops: more $$ gone.
Need lsd! 8-)

Regency Red EL Fairmont - PH4480 - 2.5" exhaust - High flow cat/muffler - K&N panel filter - Mandrel bent air intake - T series intake - wade 1604 cam - 98 EL XR6 ECU - Whiteline lows - 17" ROH RT's - Koni yellows - DBA Slotted's - Green Stuff pads
NEED: LSD, chiptorque

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:43 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

EL__Fairmont wrote:
fairmont599 wrote:
man savas would have to be worse than stocky 205's lol.
they are almost the worst tyre i have ever driven on... a retard whos never driven a car before could smoke them!

Well they handle alot better than the bridgestone RE-88's i had on the car before. I get really good wear out off them, driving in the wet the car handles soooooooooo much better and braking has also improved especially with the ABS my car has.

and for the price i reckon there top value.

pm steady and ask him what he thinks of these tyres i know what he will say cause i seen what they did in he wet and dry

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:03 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

LOL!
Sava Intensas suck a** :P
Dude, you are tripping balls if you think they are a good tire!
The Simex 225/50 16s I had on my FTR's, even with f**k all tread left on them gripped better.
Should have kept those f**k things :(
I blame YTMONT for my crash lol!

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3