Fordmods Logo

rebuild? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: engine mods
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Sorry to say it but if your spending $7k on a i6 motor & cant get a low 14 sec pass then there is something seriously wrong (depending on drive line & diff ratio)

FAST XR ELXR6 manual stage 2 head stage 3 cam factory running gear only !! he gets 145-165rwkw depending on what dyno he's on.... 14.4 sec

FordFreak EF manual with XR ECU stage 3 head & cam factory ECU 162-174rwkw again depening on what dyno 14.1 sec on last run now with s**t 60f due to exsessive wheel spin

Green Machine EF stage 2 head & cam 3000 hi stall between 140-155 rwkw again factory ECU waiting for time slip ????

Fullsick XR EF XR6 stage 2 cam only 139rwkw on my dyno

the piont that I'm trying to make here is you dont have to spend a s**t load of money to make the i6 a daily driver not to bad on fuel & quick at the same time as a N/A

TMO

Joe

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: el

VIC, Australia

yer well u learn from ur mistakes.
i did everything the long and hard way.
and its got me f**k y mine will only pull a 14.65.
probly due to the standard tickford head.

97 el falcon, dev 5 package with standard tickford head, rebuilt acl 1mm ova size bottem end, rebuilt auto tranny, 3.7 minispool, au2 rims on ultra lows.
14.65 1/4 165rwkw

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

gibbo wrote:
yer well u learn from ur mistakes.
i did everything the long and hard way.
and its got me f**k y mine will only pull a 14.65.
probly due to the standard tickford head.

that we do.....this is why my stuff seems to work from TRIAL & ERROR & a s**t load of my money, especally when I was making these cams..
As I own my masters for the cams

Post subject: Re: engine mods
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

AUXR8 2 wrote:
Sorry to say it but if your spending $7k on a i6 motor & cant get a low 14 sec pass then there is something seriously wrong (depending on drive line & diff ratio)

FAST XR ELXR6 manual stage 2 head stage 3 cam factory running gear only !! he gets 145-165rwkw depending on what dyno he's on.... 14.4 sec

FordFreak EF manual with XR ECU stage 3 head & cam factory ECU 162-174rwkw again depening on what dyno 14.1 sec on last run now with s**t 60f due to exsessive wheel spin

Green Machine EF stage 2 head & cam 3000 hi stall between 140-155 rwkw again factory ECU waiting for time slip ????

Fullsick XR EF XR6 stage 2 cam only 139rwkw on my dyno

the piont that I'm trying to make here is you dont have to spend a s**t load of money to make the i6 a daily driver not to bad on fuel & quick at the same time as a N/A

TMO

Joe

some people just can't drive, and think the fastest way is redline every gear.

other people spend the money on the wrong stuff.

the $7k i mentioned was not all to be spent on the engine.
it covered the whole process from driving in a stocker to driving at potential low 14sec engine (depending on the rest of the car)

i spent 300 in parts to reco my engine, it already had RPDs smallest cam and all the 'other' stuff, that 300 reco was the difference bewteen a 15.27 and a 14.81

but add up the sum of all parts (cam, cam gear, extractors, exhaust, intakes ect), the labour if i had to pay someone to do it, plus all the extra cost involved with rebuilding an engine, IE anyone who spends the money to have an engine built and doesn't spend any making sure the cooling system is perfect, is an idiot.
then clutches, the front gearbox seal while the engine is out. the new harmonic ballencer, having the injectors cleaned.
the price can soon add up to alot, IF you are doing a proper job.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2