Fordmods Logo

Replacement Injector EA 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Replacement Injector EA
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 13

Joined: 29th Jul 2007

Ride: 1989 EA S PACK BROCK FALCON BUIL

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

What should i replace my injectors with (brands)?

My old part no. is 280 150 736.

EA ford Falcon mpi
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

injectorsonline.com...... under the 14mm listing
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 13

Joined: 29th Jul 2007

Ride: 1989 EA S PACK BROCK FALCON BUIL

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

I know about them but they only have bocsh injectors, and they don't match up with the no. off my injectors.

I was after other options

and some info are my injects just older models of bosch no. 790????
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Replacement Injector EA
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:41 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

Enapthine wrote:
What should i replace my injectors with (brands)?

My old part no. is 280 150 736.

EA ford Falcon mpi


why whats wrong with your ones?
you can get them reconditioned..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:45 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

the bosch 736 flow 18.25lb 191.8cc this is the number for ea/ed.
the 709 flows 18.15lb 190.8 cc these are for ef/el..
but they both do the same job
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Replacement Injector EA
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 13

Joined: 29th Jul 2007

Ride: 1989 EA S PACK BROCK FALCON BUIL

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
Enapthine wrote:
What should i replace my injectors with (brands)?

My old part no. is 280 150 736.

EA ford Falcon mpi


why whats wrong with your ones?
you can get them reconditioned..


They are just old and ratty i prefer to replace things before they break

I don't want to get reconditioned because they can cause more problems than the money you save is worth.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 13

Joined: 29th Jul 2007

Ride: 1989 EA S PACK BROCK FALCON BUIL

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
the bosch 736 flow 18.25lb 191.8cc this is the number for ea/ed.
the 709 flows 18.15lb 190.8 cc these are for ef/el..
but they both do the same job


Thanks for the info this was very helpful
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:19 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

ok.fair enough
but at about $60 each new there not cheap!
ive got reco injectors(basicely there just been cleaned with new filters and seals) and i havnt had any problems..

and there is no point chasing 2nd hand ones as they could be as dirty or noisy as the ones you have now?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 13

Joined: 29th Jul 2007

Ride: 1989 EA S PACK BROCK FALCON BUIL

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
ok.fair enough
but at about $60 each new there not cheap!
ive got reco injectors(basicely there just been cleaned with new filters and seals) and i havnt had any problems..

and there is no point chasing 2nd hand ones as they could be as dirty or noisy as the ones you have now?


Injectors are like leads they are just not designed to be rebuilt I'd prefer to replace with new and get another 15 years of not worrying about them.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:33 am 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

ok.. thats up to you.

ive never seen one stop working ive seen them block up.
but regardles if there new or not they still should be cleaned every 5 years/100,000 kms..
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:39 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names