Fordmods Logo

Replacing a door lock in a Falcon EL 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Replacing a door lock in a Falcon EL
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon EL

NSW, Australia

Howdy All, does anyone have experience or tips they can offer for replacing the barrel in the drivers door of a 1998 Falcon EL. My original lock has basically collapsed with age and the key will nolonger turn to unlock the door. I plan of buying an after market set (complete with ignition, door locks, boot lock and keys) from ebay as the local ford dealer wanted to charge me $190 for just the drivers door lock!!!! Anyone got experience with after market lock sets??? I have never taken the door trim off these doors before so im flying blind. Any help, comments or suggestions would be much appreciated :) Cheers, Daryl.

Post subject: Re: Replacing a door lock in a Falcon EL
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ba xr6 turbo

VIC, Australia

all there is, is about 6 to 8 screws that hold the door trim on they are located on the outside of the door trim then once you have undone them all you have to lift the door trim off just make shore it pops off and not pull it right off or you will snap you door lock after it is popped off you then pull the door trim right down as far as you can so the door lock is up then unscrew the door lock then give it a little pull it should just come off after that to take the window out there is 2 bolts to the window undo them and you have to usually take the window out on an angle but htat should be alot easier to get into your door locks then.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]