Fordmods Logo

Rev hang with j3 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Rev hang with j3
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford xh 96

QLD, Australia

So awhile back i converted my auto el fairmont to manual and uses the resistor trick. Also have always hade isc disconnected with no problems. Ive recently fitted the crow 222549 camshaft and ordered a j3 stage 3 to suit after pluging it in car idols 1100 1200 and has massive rev hang but after 5 10 mns it drops right down then goes to normall were i can adjust using the screw. Eith no rev hang ibe tried restting my base idol like in extra tips provides with j3 but asoon as i plug the isc back in it goes to like when i first started it ie.. 1100 idle massive rev hang

Post subject: Re: Rev hang with j3
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:13 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I had the same issue with the J3 chip at the beginning of plugging it in. After a while of driving (not sure how long) the car started to idle where it should without issue. If you unplugged the power, the ECU needs to relearn idle.

This happened every time I reset the ECU. Make sure the J3 is mounted properly and the contacts are clean, I had issues when it had poor contact and as it was just taped, on hot days the chip would vibrate out slowly as the tape starts to slide. Ended up using cable ties to hold it in place with the tape.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]