Fordmods Logo

ripped a skid and hit the gutter.. noise issue? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: ripped a skid and hit the gutter.. noise issue?
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XRCISM you are fast proving you are a total idiot.
Just the thread about you locking your keys in the car shows that you are not smarter then the average bear!
Have you ever seen the movie Cruel Intentions? The scene where Sarah Michelle Gellar is telling the dorky kid that everyone is f**k everyone but people just do not talk about it?
Burnouts are the same.........................

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

i'll admit when i was younger i did do skids. but on roads way out of town. and at least i didn't hit gutters :lol:

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 05 ba xr6 mkll

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
XRCISM you are fast proving you are a total idiot.
Just the thread about you locking your keys in the car shows that you are not smarter then the average bear!
Have you ever seen the movie Cruel Intentions? The scene where Sarah Michelle Gellar is telling the dorky kid that everyone is f**k everyone but people just do not talk about it?
Burnouts are the same.........................

haha yeah mate doesnt make to much sense i havnt seen that movie.. what are you saying?
ha if you read that thread youd probably realize that was the first time i have ever done that and my bad that i dont no how to break into car i have never tryed and taken much interest but hey if not knowing how to get into a locked car is something only a total idiot knows then that fine by me...
data_mine wrote:
xrcism wrote:
fiftyone wrote:
are you trying to justify what you did buy saying all other teenagers do it?

haha na mate im saying you and the other guy telling me to not drive like a f**k should probable keep those comments to yourself this is a site to talk about fords, parts and modifications not s**t about how someone drives i didnt ask if i was a sensible drive i asked what problem iv got going on under my car.. i honestly couldnt give a f**k about the p plater down the road doing burnouts i do what i do because i like it not because all the cool kids are doing it...

Take it to a skid pan. It's cheap, you can cut sick til you blow the tyres, and you won't loose your license, get your car crushed, or do any damage - there's no gutters :wink: .

But back on your topic. You've bent/broken something (hard to diagnose online with a "it makes a funny noise" symptom), and it'll cost ya. How much depends on what's broken. If you don't have the expertise to diagnose it yourself, take it to the pros. Cause f**k suspension may end up killing you. Not something to mess around with.

haha a skid pan would be pretty good to play on.

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
i'll admit when i was younger i did do skids. but on roads way out of town. and at least i didn't hit gutters :lol:

haha never said you did...

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

as to your thoughts on all P platers doing these things, if you can find a single post in a thread from anyone flaming you, saying they did these things, you win 1 point in this discussion. this is what this thread will become now, a discussion. if you'd like to engage in it, good.

In terms of us other guys telling you not to do such things, think again cause this site IS about all the things you described but its not about how you did or did not manage to perform a dangerous manoeuvre in a car on a public road. this site needs to maintain a certain level of posting standard re what it allows up as the last thing we need is TT or ACA getting on here & beating up on a automotive forum condoning unsafe behaviour.

You also say you do what you do cause you like it? story time, 4 months ago my auntie got run off the road by a speeding motorist who cut lanes. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... centralvic
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/new ... 78157.aspx
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/new ... 78572.aspx

f**k in the drivers door 2 foot, good enough to dead. two kids locked in their seats unhurt sat there for an hour looking at their mother in the front seat. You think she made the decision to drive like a tool? or the kids? no. someone else drove past & caused it. now we are living with whats happened. If you'd like I can find a front on image showing how much damage the A pillar sustained.

you want to do whatever cause you feel like it? fine. This is a car forum, as you state, for help with cars & parts & anything else. I dont f**k care, lock this thread if you like. but i'll tell you what this forum is not We might have a young kids come on asking how to make something faster or fix stuff. From time to time we have young kids come on & say they broke something or want to act like a tool. We might have a thread, insted of "ripped a skid, hit gutter" called "grabbed e-brake nailed pedestrian, legal issue?" 'hey guys, what should I say in a court of law to defend myself for running someone over?' We will not help you. because a young person did what he wanted because they liked it & effected someone else, guess what, can't justify that.

I dont f**k care, lock the thread. or keep it open. dont care. ban me for a week for a sandy vagina rant on something I care about. dont care. I throw the forum floor back over to you. lets discuss if you want.

[as suggested, maybe a bearing. best to get a wheel alignment too as wouldnt be 100% anymore on the front. Rims probably knackered too, check the rubber for damage too as the cords might be buggered. check any play in steering.

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

bragging about ripping a burnout on street = fail. Admitting you f**k up takes balls. Seriously, sheck bearings, hubs and axles for damage, if nothing, check the diff centre. Expect big $$$

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

xrcism wrote:
hey guys ill give you the downlow on the wheel when i bought the car it had a scrubbing noise (sounded like metal on metal) coming from the left rear wheel when i drove at a slow speed, checked the break pad and it had a crack in it but still had plenty of life left in it so i changed the pads anyway and left the dust protecters off and the noise sort of left but there still was that faint noise anyway got new tyres put on it 2 days ago and the guy put the dust protector back on but i didnt pay attention well i did a skid today and hit the gutter and that noise is louder than ever what could it be? any suggestions besides "take the wheel of and look" i no that the only solution... ps. the disc is fairly smooth doesnt need to be machined for a while...

cheers mike

You mate are a deadset moron, idiot, baby rapist, abomination against god.
And you're 19 THATS ALL DA EVIDANCE I NEED, ALL P PLATERS ARE HOONZ.

WHAT IF THERE WAS a 5 YEAR OLD PRIMARY SCHOOL STUDENT LYING DOWN AND HAVING A SLEEP IN THAT GUTTER, YOU WOULD'VE KILLED THEM, DID YOU EVA FINK ABOUT DAT HUH??? YOU P PLATERZ ARE ALL THE SAME.

I mean you're such an idiot, because you're such an idiot, whne will you eva lern?
I mean seriously, new P plater laws, guys new p plater laws.
If you watched a current affair and read the Herald Sun like the rest of us you'd be driving in the right lane like da rest of us instead of doing burnouts bro and running into gutterz that kids mite be sleeping in. DATS THA RITE THING TO DO.

HOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOU

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

ILLaViTaR wrote:
THATS ALL DA EVIDANCE I NEED, ALL P PLATERS ARE HOONZ.

all p platers are not hoonz, just cause the majority of p platers are idiots there are some out there (like me) who obey the road rules and don't do stupid s**t.

i have 2 cars a 94 ed wagon and a 07 fairmont ghia, i have never done a burnout, skid whatever else people wanna call em in either of my cars, therefore your statement of "all p platers are hoons" is incorrect.

in this case it is the majority f**k it up for the minority

end of rant

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
In terms of us other guys telling you not to do such things, think again cause this site IS about all the things you described but its not about how you did or did not manage to perform a dangerous manoeuvre in a car on a public road. this site needs to maintain a certain level of posting standard re what it allows up as the last thing we need is TT or ACA getting on here & beating up on a automotive forum condoning unsafe behaviour.

you want to do whatever cause you feel like it? fine. This is a car forum, as you state, for help with cars & parts & anything else. I dont f**k care, lock this thread if you like. but i'll tell you what this forum is not We might have a young kids come on asking how to make something faster or fix stuff. From time to time we have young kids come on & say they broke something or want to act like a tool. We might have a thread, insted of "ripped a skid, hit gutter" called "grabbed e-brake nailed pedestrian, legal issue?" 'hey guys, what should I say in a court of law to defend myself for running someone over?' We will not help you. because a young person did what he wanted because they liked it & effected someone else, guess what, can't justify that.

Mods,
Can we make this post required reading upon signing up?

fiftyone, you have hit the nail squarely on the head in this post mate, and I really hope a lot of people read this and actually get the message. Well done.
(and this is by no means a dig at the OP, I just agree 110% with what fiftyone has to say here)

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.

Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

ILLaViTaR wrote:

WHAT IF THERE WAS a 5 YEAR OLD PRIMARY SCHOOL STUDENT LYING DOWN AND HAVING A SLEEP IN THAT GUTTER, YOU WOULD'VE KILLED THEM, DID YOU EVA FINK ABOUT DAT HUH??? YOU P PLATERZ ARE ALL THE SAME.

I mean you're such an idiot, because you're such an idiot, whne will you eva lern?
If you watched a current affair and read the Herald Sun like the rest of us you'd be driving in the right lane like da rest of us instead of doing burnouts bro and running into gutterz that kids mite be sleeping in. DATS THA RITE THING TO DO.

HOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOUHOW DARE YOU

Ummmm.
Translation anyone?

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 327 rwkw

WA, Australia

ripped a skid, foolly sick brooooooooooooo

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:01 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

ILLaViTaR wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yea
you got to watch out for them primary school students in sydney, there always falling asleep in the gutters, bloody bums... :lol:

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:09 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: F6 Typhoon

NSW, Australia

there waz thiz one time i ripped a mad 720 zkid in my quad turbo xr6 ztolen cop car then i drove upzide down on tha roof for 50 meterz then flipped it rite way up cos i ripped up teh handbrak nd then my sick rattie fell off. bt i loked my keys in the car coz of all the chixz followin me zo i threw rockz at my car whyz it got dentz now.

:|

No need to wonder why the govnment cracks down on us p platers.

I took a corner too fast about 2 years ago on my reds, i was a f**k idiot i learned my lesson and never drove like that again. There was no one else around i was in woop woop and i thought it was safe, but i Hit a pothole back stepped out hit the gutter and bent the axle flange to the wheel on my e series and it squeeked till i replaced the axle. Not sure on the B series setup but hope it helps. Just dont do it again i suppose.

F6 Typhoon Silhouette with Dark Argent rims, build P0001. Stock as a rock and staying that way.

Now sold :( Cobalt blue EF XR6, Pacemaker 4499s, 2.5" redback catback, intake, head shaved, wade 977b, crow valve springs, pedders suspension.

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

ILLaViTaR wrote:
xrcism wrote:
hey guys ill give you the downlow on the wheel when i bought the car it had a scrubbing noise (sounded like metal on metal) coming from the left rear wheel when i drove at a slow speed, checked the break pad and it had a crack in it but still had plenty of life left in it so i changed the pads anyway and left the dust protecters off and the noise sort of left but there still was that faint noise anyway got new tyres put on it 2 days ago and the guy put the dust protector back on but i didnt pay attention well i did a skid today and hit the gutter and that noise is louder than ever what could it be? any suggestions besides "take the wheel of and look" i no that the only solution... ps. the disc is fairly smooth doesnt need to be machined for a while...

cheers mike

haha im pretty sure nobody was around my good friend why would there be a child sleeping on the gutter in the middle of now where??? top guy you are....

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 1999 AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

i've only had my license for 6 months? no trouble with the coppers or anyone in general. to be honest.. im slowly doing my car up with things the boys in blue can book me for but i guess one main reason is i dont drive like a d***head. my cars straight and in immaculate order so i've been told many a time by older blokes. society thinks all of us p platers are the same.. think again.

my mate guttered his old EL when he had it. either big or small. but in his case it was his right hand rear wheel bearing and diff. scrubbed his tyres out unevenly every 3 months. stuffed it big time.

99 AU Falcon Forte in Galaxy Blue. Stock as a rock atm. Future Mods; Full sports exhaust, cam upgrade.

"Holden" - Australia's Most Widely Used Warning Label.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next