Fordmods Logo

RPD VS JMM 

Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Hilux

VIC, Australia

im more than likely going to go with an RPD cam. partly because reading through here they seem like good blokes and always willing to help . and also they are sopnsors of the site.

Now driving a Hilux

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

macca20042 wrote:
Molloy wrote:
Dont get me wrong, I havent seen any RPD gear in action, im sure its great stuff 2, but just after seeing brendons XR and knowing all the time they have put into working up E-series makes me wanna keep on going back there,
yeah im still tossing up where to go cos i want to get the internal work done while the engine is still relativly being run in (it has just under 121000 on the clock) i was looking at the intake pipe and the DEV3 cam from there. do u think the cam needs to be dyno's to work or just setting the timimg will be enough to warrant an increase cos forkin over another 500 atleast for tuning is pretty big espec when ya only got a limited budget

the engine is well and tuely run in at 121000km's after 15000 km's it is run in

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

Blu Falc wrote:
macca20042 wrote:
Molloy wrote:
Dont get me wrong, I havent seen any RPD gear in action, im sure its great stuff 2, but just after seeing brendons XR and knowing all the time they have put into working up E-series makes me wanna keep on going back there,
yeah im still tossing up where to go cos i want to get the internal work done while the engine is still relativly being run in (it has just under 121000 on the clock) i was looking at the intake pipe and the DEV3 cam from there. do u think the cam needs to be dyno's to work or just setting the timimg will be enough to warrant an increase cos forkin over another 500 atleast for tuning is pretty big espec when ya only got a limited budget

the engine is well and tuely run in at 121000km's after 15000 km's it is run in
well the way it was driven from the bloke who owned it i wouldnt be suprised if it still needed it. he was a bit of a nuffa when it came to cars. he is the "as long as it runs" kinda guy

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

Molloy wrote:
mrnasty wrote:
Molloy wrote:

yes, they put alot of work into brendans car, because brendan is jims son. Theres no doubt in my mind that JMM stuff is good, but there customer relations are absolutely rock bottom. I very much doubt you would get the same service and quality brendan did.

I've never dealt with more unprofessional people in my life. I ordered my JMM DEV5 package, $3k worth of gear, and 3 months later i actually got it in the post.

And then theres the incident where JMM royaly f**k me when I tried to sell that package to an AU owner, But thats another story all together, if you must know what happened have a search through off topic, its in there somewhere.
Yeah I saw that thread, but I havent coped a bad rap of em yet so im ok with em.

Yeah fair call. There stuff is of pretty good quality from what i've seen, all bad things i have heard of JMM its all there customer relations, i've never heard of bad quality products. Alot of R&D has gone into there products so i dare say it would be good stuff.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Im keen to see some more RPD'd falcons see some power figures.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

i think thats what im gonna do. just wait till some RPD guys post some figures so i can make a decision. i know what to expect from JMM and thats why id go with them because really they give good bang for ya buck

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

VIC, Australia

I'm running a DEV 4 cam in my XR6 and i am dissapointed to say the least, although I'm not sure that it is dialled in correct as my mechanic said he needed the specs which I didn't have. I wanna see an RPD cammed car run a low 14 before I will even half consider one of there cams.

If you look at the 1/4 mile times on fordforums.com.au in the e-series section i think 7 out of the top 10 NA i6 E-Series cars are running JMM cams.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Damo wrote:
I'm running a DEV 4 cam in my XR6 and i am dissapointed to say the least, although I'm not sure that it is dialled in correct as my mechanic said he needed the specs which I didn't have. I wanna see an RPD cammed car run a low 14 before I will even half consider one of there cams.

If you look at the 1/4 mile times on fordforums.com.au in the e-series section i think 7 out of the top 10 NA i6 E-Series cars are running JMM cams.

and the quickest e series is neither RPD or JMM, so how about thinking outside the square?? There are more than 2 cam grinders on this planet.

The quickest if i recal has give or take, 150rwkw. Not 170rwkw like JMM's $5500 dev 5 kit, which goes to show it comes down to the drivers skills, and the way the rest of the drivetrain/suspension is set up.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

timeslip?

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Molloy wrote:
Im keen to see some more RPD'd falcons see some power figures.

the DEV3 gets up to 134kw according to JMM
and you get
Quote:
DEV "Street-Fighter" Headers (Extractors), Modified Cat, 2.5" Hi-Performance mandrel bent exhaust system, Hi-Flow Intake Kit, DEV3 cam kit and valve train modifications, Vernier adjustable Timing Gear, Special Spark Plugs & Ignition Leads. Suit Performance Street Drivers. **

and it costs you $2725 fitted by JMM or $2027 mail order

the RPD RSPEC1 cam with your off the shelf ESA 2.5 inch exhaust, pacie extractors, K&N panel filter and 3 inch intake made 146kw for about $300 less then the mail order dev3 that only gives 134kw.
the dev3hl needs an extra $220 to catch up

Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Fairmont

SA, Australia

mrnasty wrote:

and the quickest e series is neither RPD or JMM, so how about thinking outside the square??

Somone has run quicker than 13.3? Timeslip?

Soo many idiots. So few bullets

Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

im refering to OED666's car, manual ED.

ran a 13.8 i think, if i read right he has a custom grind surecam that is rather large, a chiptorque chip, and about 150rwkw. Dont know what diff setup or anything like that.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

well with the mods i've done to my car, jmm reckons I should have 172rwkw going by his pakage however sum1 with the same car pulled 149rwkw with the exhaust system only, unless jmm's cold air kit gains an extra 23rwkw, I reckon he jacks up his figures.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Walkinshaw wrote:
mrnasty wrote:

and the quickest e series is neither RPD or JMM, so how about thinking outside the square??

Somone has run quicker than 13.3? Timeslip?

Isnt that list for streetable falcons though? The JMM EB has no interior, swaybars, and runs a cam that is in no way suitable for the street. Its a race car, gets trailered to and from track.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
im refering to OED666's car, manual ED.

ran a 13.8 i think, if i read right he has a custom grind surecam that is rather large, a chiptorque chip, and about 150rwkw. Dont know what diff setup or anything like that.

yeah, that was an absolutely awesome time with very few mods done, but it isnt the fastest e-series.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next