Fordmods Logo

Running rough on E10 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL Fairmont Wagon

QLD, Australia

1. E10 has no exsice on it so it's cheaper to produce, (cheaper only if the fuel companies pass on that saving)
2. Higher octane (95ron)
3. Cleaner burn, less sh*t out the back,renewable resourse, and it's grown in Australia!!
So all in all if you use a little more the cost savings per litre should still out do 91.
Just need to get pass the negitive push by the oil companies and politicians with hidden agenda's.
I'll try one more top up just in case my ECU was learning the new fuel.
Watch this space.

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AUII SR

QLD, Australia

I was a critic of the ethanol blend of fuel for ages until I had a heart to heart with an IFS servo propreitor one night and he convinced me to try it, "just try one tankful to start with" he said.

That was about 6 months ago and I'm still using "IFS evolve" - 10% Ethanol and 90% Vortex 95. My AUII sr i6 really loves it. I find that the AU has a bit better response now and gets slightly better fuel econony.

Here on the Coast, IFS Evolve is only 2 cents P/Lt cheaper than standard unleaded petrol but if I have a happy car, then I'm a happy driver, lol, so I'll stick with it until I find fault with it. So far it's all good.

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

i used E10 exclusively in my Lancer and never had any troubles whatsoever, but in the 4L it wasn't hapy. just depends on the engine i think.

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The Stoic of ethonol is lower [richer] than petrol which is why some engines have issues, but 6 cyl run rich esp in upper rpm so this would offset tuning...Another issue is Ethonol mixes with water and if you have some water in your tank it may stuff up tune??? Not to mention plastic/ rubber type fuel fittings.. But imo this fuel is our future...
I would like to see some big co. make and sell this fuel seperate from fuel companies....Competition won't hurt....Helps our country folk out also...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

EXAMPLE ONE
I run E10 in the Stealth Courier, either 95 or Boost98 depending on price.

This past weekend I made a trip to Wellington, I filled with E10 at United, Berkshire Park and then topped off with Caltex Vortex in Orange. It was instantly noticable that the Vortex wanted more throttle.

I refilled with Boost98 at Lithgow on the way back and the difference was again noticable.

When I get home tonight I'll work out the fuel economy for the two different fuels and post the results up here. Top-of the-head calculations are that it drank more Vortex per kilometre but I'll share the info.

*** UPDATE ***
Boost98, 215km, 22.68l, 9.48 km/l
Vortex, 382km, 44.28l, 8.63km/l
Boost98, 99km, 9.93l, 9.97km/l
This is in line with previous experience with normal premium unleaded versus Boost98.

EXAMPLE TWO
The EF Futura runs happily on the 95 octane E10. Never bothered putting the Boost98 in it.
It'll ping on normal unleaded but not on the 95.

Around my area, the 95 from United is cheaper than normal unleaded and the Futura runs happier on it, why would I change?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2