Fordmods Logo

Smartshield Question 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Smartshield Question
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hi, I only very recently had a problem with the engine immobiliser. I blew a tyre on the front right side of an Xr6 (2002). Was doing 100km, so it made a jolt. Drove to the side of the road, stopped to have a look, then restarted the car and drove another 200 metres to the emergency area to change the tyre. All seemed well. Jumped in the car and it wouldn't start. the centre console was flashing code. Nothing would get it to turn over. Towed it home, and later on tried the "spare key". As soon I placed this one it flashed code and started. Tried the original key, it flashed code, then started. sunsequent tries with both keys started successfully, but no messages seen on the console. Obviously, I'm happy that the car is starting...but why did it behave like this? did the 2nd key recode the system? I'm curious if this may happen again....should I be looking deeper to see if anything was damaged when the tyre blew. I know the battery sits just above the tyre that went.
Any feedback would be great.

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

i wouldnt be too stressed mate, something as simple as electromagnetic interfearance where u parked could have been enough to upset the car..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]