Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
auute6 wrote:
f6 typhoon is quicker than ls2 driven both i know boost and n/a hard to compare but it is definatly quicker

Thats definately not true. Ive driven both and the Ls2 is quicker. fair bit quicker. Im talking both bog stock cars.

Yeah? I wouldn't have thought that the LS2 would be "fair bit quicker". Judging by magazine comparo's, the F6 has it's measure...Especially in-gear. The LS2 you sampled may have been a very fit one?

But yeah, how did find the way the Typhoon handled compared to the (and I'm guessing here) Clubsport?

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Drove a new VX when they came out for about 3 weeks.. the transmission lets it down.. thats pretty much all there is to it.. and yeah rear vision is shocking. After you're out of first gear.. the engine screams like you're supposed to be going fast.. but it just doesnt happen.
Steering feel is absolutely crap too.. suspension.. handles alright.. but its a bit stiff for a passenger car.
Meh.. my mates prefered driving in my EA opposed to the VX.. go figure..
also.. dragged off a VY in my EL with a trailer attached.. all these holden power figures translate to stuff all on the road hehe

/end rant

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:49 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Makes you wonder where some manufacturers pull their power numbers from, and ford is one of the offenders, but repeatably holden has been a bad offender, a good mate had a VY R8 Clubbie that was MENT to have 255kw, it was a 6 speed, car felt strong enough, but definatly not 255kw. I know they take these as fly wheel KW's, this is a car that is ment to go fast and sound fast, sounded quick, but was no quicker to 200 than my warmed up EF XR6. once at 200 though, it just stormed away, on a dyno it showed 170RWKW's to my 135RWKW's, I had a 300kg advantage on the clubbie but still he was a bit dissapointed.. however good news comes out of this saga, he got the s**t with holden, now has a XR6T and a big smile, cept for the fuel bills.. drinks a touch more than the clubbie when being pushed round.

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Also.. Holden's weight figures are measured with no fluids in the car.. while Ford weighs their cars with fluids in the car..

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

had a choice of 3 mags to scan in with all having the same verdict, that the f6 is better than the ls2 r8. however the straight line performance is very similar and not all mags had the numbers in ford's favour. in gear accelaration was the same in all mags though. the turb blows it away.

back on topic though, i have only driven 3 commo's. vt berlina. felt punchy off the line but when i checked the speedo to see how fast i was going i was dissappointed. not as quick as it feels, and this applies to most 6cyl holdens.
drove mates vs grange. 185kw. very nice inside. leather everywhere. went well too. would prolly sneak into the 14's (maybe). for a big car it went well.

drove workmates vr v8 5sp. this is largely the reason i have my current ride. there really is no substitute for the sound of a v8. once again though it sounded better than it went. goes o.k. but i could level peg him to 100 in my ef xr6 wagon after which he would pull away which i think was largely due to the gearing (3.9's in his) as i've dragged other vr/vs/vt 5.0's in my ef and beaten them and not have them come back at me.

Attachments:
f6 v ls2.jpg
f6 v ls2.jpg [ 267.72 KiB | Viewed 113 times ]

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Last edited by prydey on Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

EB V8 wrote:
auute6 wrote:
f6 typhoon is quicker than ls2 driven both i know boost and n/a hard to compare but it is definatly quicker

Thats definately not true. Ive driven both and the Ls2 is quicker. fair bit quicker. Im talking both bog stock cars.

it's comments like that, that make you look stupid.

the F6 is the fastest production made in austraila. it's been proven already

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

he dosent look stupid, he is stupid.
f6 is faster than the ls2 you d***head.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

lol.. EB V8 tends to have a talent for saying silly things and then getting flamed

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
EB V8 wrote:
auute6 wrote:

Ummmm, I probably shouldn't be mentioning this, but isn't the LS1 HSV GTS the fastest production car in Aus with it's 0-100 in 5.1 and 0-400 in the low 13 second bracket, as well as a top wack of around 275???

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB Fairmont

SA, Australia

Nope.

Fastest production car up until the Typhoon was the 1972 E49 Charger.

Doin it for Scotty.

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Jim Beam wrote:
Nope.

Fastest production car up until the Typhoon was the 1972 E49 Charger.

Can't say I've ever seen a stock Typhoon or E49 pull 5.1 to 100 or low 13 quarters.........

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

first time it came out i was told second behind some sort of hsv. but again the turbo ute is fastest. but talking straight production cars, bar fpv hsv or any of that crap, XR6T is fastest

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

downingj wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
EB V8 wrote:
auute6 wrote:

Ummmm, I probably shouldn't be mentioning this, but isn't the LS1 HSV GTS the fastest production car in Aus with it's 0-100 in 5.1 and 0-400 in the low 13 second bracket, as well as a top wack of around 275???

ok so maybe i should have fastest car currently in production..

they dont make LS1 gts anymore

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

downingj wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
EB V8 wrote:
auute6 wrote:

Yeah you're right, they ran a 13.3 IIRC, and the typhoons runs about a 13.7.
I was talking current production models, and so was EBV8, the LS2 has not been delivered in a form quicker than the f6, but i'm pretty sure it'd be capable easily.

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

YTMONT wrote:
downingj wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
EB V8 wrote:
auute6 wrote:

Yeah you're right, they ran a 13.3 IIRC, and the typhoons runs about a 13.7.
I was talking current production models, and so was EBV8, the LS2 has not been delivered in a form quicker than the f6, but i'm pretty sure it'd be capable easily.

In that case, time to bump up the boost :)

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next