Fordmods Logo

Sorry for 2 questions in 1 day... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Sorry for 2 questions in 1 day...
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

sorry for askin so many questions but I just have one more querie... for today :P. When i bought my ED the guy i bought it off said he had installed a stage 3 cam kit. What exactly is that and how do I find out if he is telling the truth? Is there a certain way to tell wat type of cam you have and what stage it is etc. Thanks for your understanding. I just want to learn as much as i can. Being an ex-holden fan, i got into my first Ford which was a Falcon XC cobra imitation with a 351 cleveland and i was instantly hooked. Damn Ford technology is way better, plus i have only had one problem with my ED and that was the water pump seasing. Compared to what probs I had with my SLR 5000 im laughing!

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

Remove the rocker cover and check what lift the car cam is doing. if its not right compared to the standard lift for the ED then its an aftermarket cam. it also might have a part number on it somewhere?

Post subject: ok
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Ok so im guessin im gunna need to get that manual then to see wat the propper lifting should be. Pity there isnt a wades cam place somewhere near me, i read good stuff bout that place. wanna have ma car bumpin out da most amount of horsepower and goodlooks that i can! DAmn money issue :evil:

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:23 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

yeah invest in a manual. best thing if u want to learn about ur car and how to fix it. have fun and welcome to fordmods.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

good chance ur car will idle all lumpy if its got a stage 3, did he say what company he got this stage 3 cam?? JMM does a stage 3, RPD does a stage 3, crow does a stage 3? lots.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]