Total votes : 20

Post subject: Re: Spark plug leads
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU series 1 XR6

SA, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
Sloxr6 wrote:
I got the big top gun 10mm on my rocket to be honest all I have every really used is Top Gun they have never let me down. Might be just me but I always seem to have trouble with any other brand ie. braking down or you try to pull them off and they are stuck and you ether pull the clip out of the holder or snap the lead off. :x. Al tho I cant say I have ever tried NGK leads but for bang for buck you cant go passed there spark plugs they are rather good. So if there leads are anything like there plugs I would have to say they would be good.

Mmmmm... hear a lot of negative about TopGun actually... A set was on my mates EF, 2 leads were f**k and shorting out, however we dont know how long they had been fitted, but the car only had 200,000km on it.

I'd rate Eagle over Top Gun, and MSD higher again, though you do pay through your nose for MSD.
Bosch leads have always been pretty good in my experience, as have Motorcraft.... Though I will be replacing my Motorcrafts with Eagles.

yeah its strange some people have had bad experiences with topgun, ive had quite a few sets and never had a problem, they must have a bad batch everynow and again

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

VIC, Australia

falcon1999 wrote:
how much you pay for the top gun 10mm

Umm I got them off of Ebay rather cheap I think it was like 80 bucks brand new to my door cant quite remember it is from the guy that sells the top gun leads on there I just asked him if he stocks them for EF.

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

VIC, Australia

djcustomcomputing wrote:
krisisdog wrote:
Mmmmm... hear a lot of negative about TopGun actually... A set was on my mates EF, 2 leads were f**k and shorting out, however we dont know how long they had been fitted, but the car only had 200,000km on it.

I'd rate Eagle over Top Gun, and MSD higher again, though you do pay through your nose for MSD.
Bosch leads have always been pretty good in my experience, as have Motorcraft.... Though I will be replacing my Motorcrafts with Eagles.

yeah its strange some people have had bad experiences with topgun, ive had quite a few sets and never had a problem, they must have a bad batch everynow and again

I can say I have used Eagle too and dont have a bad word to say about them. But the reason I love my top guns is when I first had my turbo setup I had the good old 8mm on and I didn't have it all heat shielded properly and was driving along and my car started misfiring and carrying on. I thought what the f**k is going on here popped the bonnet and I had melted the crap out of 2 of my leads one of the was melted right through and just had the core left. Wasn't to happy and a fair way from home so out come the electrical tape wrapped it around them and good as new drove for another 5 hours no problem. :lol:

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

why are we responding to threads like these when there are at least 5 i could either search for or find in stickys?

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:40 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i have used the eagle and bosch leads and they have both been good!!!

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:14 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1993 eb xr6 falcon

VIC, Australia

ive got 8mm top guns now and there going strong nice long boots on em easy to get on and off had no probs for 12 months or more. :)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2