Fordmods Logo

Strange IdLe issue when using heater fan and others?? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Strange IdLe issue when using heater fan and others??
Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:48 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: any modeL fORD fALCON 6 or 8

New Zealand

Hi have idLe probLem with my daughters EF GLi with air con, starts and drives perfectLy but when bower fan is used the idLe increases approx 500rpm for a whiLe then drops back to normaL but aLmost staLLs in the process aLso doing the same thing while driving and applying brake aLmost and sometimes staLLing when coming to a stop.. Sitting at idLe if steering wheeL move sLightLy idLe wiLL increase then drop back after a whiLe but without the staLLing effect.. The radio has been removed and interior Light operating from rear door switches but not front, dont know if this is aLL reLated to probLem.. Any assistance with this matter much appreciated, Cheer...

Have you driven a REAL Ford...lately?

Post subject: Re: Strange IdLe issue when using heater fan and others??
Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon

ACT, Australia

About the stalling issue, I'd look at the idle speed control motor. Usually sludge builds up in the motor causing it to stick. Pull the ISC motor off and if your lucky you can spray some carby cleaner and blow it out. This should improve the rev curve idle idle quality. While your at it, I'd clean the throttle body out. I usually spray some carbi cleaner on an old toothbrush and scrub it out and blow it out. It will stumble when it starts but it should clear out reasonably fast.
When you turn the wheel, the revs should increase slightly, sometimes it's not very noticable. That means the power steering switch on the power steering rack is working properly. About the front door light switches. Sometimes the switches become sticky. Abit of wd40 or some sought of spray grease should free them up.

Hope this helps,

Leigh

Fords Rule. OK.

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:15 am 
Parts Gopher

New Zealand

Hi there Leigh thanks for that..
Gave ICS spray with MAF sensor cLeaner which appears to have stopped staLLing but RPM increases to 1000 when brakes are appLied, hopefuLLy this wiLL improve with time..
IdLe stiLL pics up when bLower fan is used but drops back to normaL without the staLLing issue.
Gave both front door switches a spray using nuLon with good resuLts, EF has an aftermarket aLarm fitted which appears to be operating correctLy now..
ALL in aLL an hour and haLf to do those easy jobs with positive resuLts
Cheers
Burn

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

4RDPWR wrote:
Hi there Leigh thanks for that..
Gave ICS spray with MAF sensor cLeaner which appears to have stopped staLLing but RPM increases to 1000 when brakes are appLied, hopefuLLy this wiLL improve with time..
IdLe stiLL pics up when bLower fan is used but drops back to normaL without the staLLing issue.
Gave both front door switches a spray using nuLon with good resuLts, EF has an aftermarket aLarm fitted which appears to be operating correctLy now..
ALL in aLL an hour and haLf to do those easy jobs with positive resuLts
Cheers
Burn

Blower Fan increases idle will be caused by a vacuum leak behind the dash or near the vacuum tree next too the washer bottle. Although if the A/C is on the revs should rise at idle to compensate the load.

Brakes causing high idle would generally be a vacuum leak in the booster or hose that connects to intake plenium. I have also heard of a dud brake switch causing weird problems aswell.

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:56 am 
Parts Gopher

New Zealand

Hey cheers man.. WiLL check for vaccum leaks.
I have an everyday driver EF2 GLi option 20 ex NZ poLice owned myseLf, Does anyone know if it is usuaL that transmission wiLL not seLect 1 2 or 3, onLy D and of course P R and N. I have to add that this car has power to burn outperfoming in everyway a 5L ED fairmont i owned a few years back.. I used to be V8 mad but on owning this car there is a speciaL pLace in my heart for the MIGHTY fORD l6

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]