the 150rwkw+ parts list 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

ghiaman wrote:
Molloy wrote:
VL, nothing but nissan power, ive got a mate with a VL full clames it has holden power hes such a tool.

Strange that the RB30 was only for the Aussie market.
Fitted to Skyline, VL Holden & Nissian Patrol.
But still the best 6cyl mtr ever fitted to a Holden

yeah the new Alloytec is a bit of a disappointment! I drove a VZ SV6 with the Alloytec 190 and it doesn't feel like anything near 190kw... nothing low down, and it doesn't seem to really like going much past 5000rpm where most of the power is! The BA motor is much more tractable with all the extra torque.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:59 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

animal_ef wrote:
frd_xr6 wrote:
Going by your sig you already have?

- High flow air filter
- Extractors
- Exhaust

If thats correct then i would be looking at getting

- Stage 3 cam
- Valve springs & vernier gear
- Uniship or similar

That should see you around the 150rwkw which is great if you like to look at a peice of paper.

To really maximise that power, get a 5spd manual and 3.7 LSD, they will dramatically increase your acceleration and transform the way the car responds compared to your auto and 3.08ss!!

yeah i would like to get more power to the ground, what brand of stage 3 cam do you recomend? crow? alted? i would like to keep my auto though, would a shift kit and stall converter be a good option, i have a manual lisence but i just want an auto everyday driver at this stage

what will the difference in diffs do? i really dont know much about them and what are the prices?
thanks!!

The different diff gearing will improve your acceleration and get your revs up so you will leave the line and take off much more quickly.

Getting an LSD (limited slip diff) will also help traction and getting power to the ground as it will spin both wheels at the same speed, whereas you current diff transfers the majority of power to one wheel thus creating wheelspin and making it harder to luanch at higher revs. So basically it shares the power equally between both wheels so you can take off at higher revs without the wheelspin you would get on your standard diff.

At the moment you have a 3.08SS (single spinner) getting a diff with a better gear ratio e.g. 3.70 or 3.90LSD will make youre acceleration much better and you definatly feel the difference.

At a guess for i would say it would be $800-1200 for an LSD diff with the above ratios, or you could try source an XR6 diff from a wreckers etc which have 3.45LSD standard.

1996 5spd EF2 XR6 - Genuine AJR's, full kit........

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2