The Lane is gone and now to the Xg 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: The Lane is gone and now to the Xg
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Alright swapped the Lane for a 1995 Xg longreach ute auto 6 with 195k on the clock. Bodys a bit rough but mechanically its all good. What parts are interchangeable with the Xg's? I need to get rid of the doors as they have had rust and the old owner has had the hinges welded on the door side and its starting to come away. Also the stereo facia including the ash tray section has seen better days and the last owner had fitted an aftermarket stereo, and to put it nicely just slapped it in. I did see on here a guy had an Xh, chilli red with exactly what I want for a stereo facia, if your reading this let me know what it was please. I dont want to go the trip computer extent though...even though it does look nice.Would an Nc dash complete fit in an Xg?
Also speaker placements....... it come with a pair of brand new sony 6x9's ( or could be 7x10's, there huge) the last guy had mounted to a piece of wood bolted between the seats. They had no enclosure so they had no bass, I am thinking about mounting them still between the 2 seats in a ported box, but I dont know. What have others done with speaker placements?

Post subject: Re: The Lane is gone and now to the Xg
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

From what i remember about other people talking about swapping parts between xf,xg,xh,ed,ef,el,nc,nd,nf etc. its a PITA to do a dash conversion to newer model dashes, but it has been done. Most parts are interchangeable from the xe but you probably dont want them that old anyway. Id say an nf,nl dash conversion would be nice. Climate control, trip comp etc. but it would be quite tricky.
In regards to the speakers, yes they would sound a lot nicer in an enclosure. I'd probably say keep it sealed as those drivers aren't made for moving big air and deep bass (thats what a sub is for, naturally) but they would produce some quite nice tight bass in a tuned sealed enclosure. Look up some box size calculators to give you an idea of the size you will need to get them sounding good.
Hope this helps a bit

Cheers

Sam

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]