Fordmods Logo

Thermo-Fans running too cool+ plug leads.whats best? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Thermo-Fans running too cool+ plug leads.whats best?
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:36 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Hiy, on the deadly EL ex- cab, which is on the road and running after big jobs, engine out of car, sump and timing case timing chain.rear main seal, .back in, doesnt leak oil!! Which is a novelty..

but..

have changed thermo-fan/ECU temp sensor for 2nd hand one, dont run from start-up as they used to with original switch, but still kick in at a low temp and then effectively run constantly at NRT. This switch is not just a fan switch, but is tied in with ECU , I notice when its unplugged engine runs erratically including at a high idle speed.

also

plug leads are breaking down, touching a screwdriver to the top of most of them from above leads to immediate miss on that cylinder, so even though dont look very old, Bosch brand grey leads, will have to be replaced...as this is I think causing the occasional backfires down exhaust the engine suffers which often stall it in traffic, a spark crossfire, im thinking, anyway, I know the plug leads are dodgy, have seen sparks jumping between them with any encouragement or when theyre wet..oddly enough, the only one which seems apparently stable is the coil lead.

what are the best ones to buy?

Ive seen Bougicords on ebay, they have a big detailed write-up how theyre constructed, why theyre all that, I can get for $35 for EL..
anyone got any better options?

anotrher set of these crap Bosch ones are about $56 at SuperCrap.
various 8mm leads for about 45-50 ive seen..

what is the difference between an EL set and any other Falcon which has the spark-plug top dist cap?
EF doesnt have a coil lead, this I know..is a 6-lead set, not 7 lead like mine, ..they are very long leads, but so would any set for any alloy-head Falcon, even b4 OHC?

XF has a coil, doesnt it, and the small ends dist cap? whats the difference even between XF leads and an EL?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]