Fordmods Logo

To Burgle or not to Burgle 

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Yeklow. Is your car an auto or manual? My old pulsar used to do it whenever I backed off the throttle but still had it open just a tiny bit. But yeah its a great sound i don't see why you are tring to get rid of it unless yours sounds like junk and all wrong. I've heard a few V8's do that burble sound and I don't like em. Its best left fo the 4 and 6 cylinder guys IMO.

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

LOL my exhaust ficken burbles heaps, Rapier can back me up on that one as he has heard it when he was last in SA. :)

I think it sounds cool. But if you really hate it that much mabe try a different muffler and or resonator or put a silencer in you exhaust... That may fix your problem. :wink:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

it is a 6 cyclinder and is a manual. it has a camin the engine , now would that cause it to pop burgle .

it never used to so it until i put the stage 2 cam in it .. strange

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 6 images

WA, Australia

Burble for sure....

Ford.... POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ED Futura Classic

NSW, Australia

My beast loves it's burbles, its a bit of a popping noise as you let off the throttle. My mate lives down the road and he reckons he can always tell when i get home cause she burbles when i put her away.

i know whats causing it but, mine's definetly from the leaking flange gasket right below my seat. I fix it every couple of months because the flange on the 2.5" system has deformed slightly causing a weak spot and when the new gasket gets a couple of months old and i get up it a bit, all of a sudden it gets louder and burbles. I don't mind it but, the gaskets only $2 and its a 5 minute job. wouldn't bother buying a whole new exhaust over it.

I don't mind it but, when it's below about 2,000 rpm you can hear the air passing through the gap like a pssst sound but once it gets above 2,300rpm it's great.

White 1994 ED Falcon Futura Classic 5 speed: K&N Filter, Wildcat 21X's, High-Flow Cat, 2.5" Exhausts, Super Low King Springs, 17" CSA Prowlers

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

I got my car like that ... I just made the exhaust a bit louder ... and the burble is much louder ... and it pops much better as well ... you can fel it.

Sounds fantastic ... and will probably sound even better once I put an upgraded cam in it.

There's nothing better ... especially when there's a loud 4 cyl (I used to have one) next to u trying to drown you out ... I just back off and block my ears ... LOL

Made a taxi driver swerve away from me when I backed off next to him .. he shat his pants. :twisted:

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

i only just got my car a few weeks ago its only got a coby atm till i get extractors etc and she does the same thing when i floor it and back off suddenly...sounds great i do it attentionly tho

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF & VTR1000

NSW, Australia

as if you'd complain about that noise! :roll: lol!

You would absolutley hate my car if you heard it when I nail it in 1st gear to around 4-5grand and back off, mine actually does it around 70/80 too, but I got no mufflers and just one hot dog..

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

Umm call me an idiot but wtf is a hotdog?

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

It's consists of a bun cut in half with a cooked sausage in it ... sometimes a variety of sauces can be poored over it.

Hee hee.

It's wider than the exhaust pipe and tapers in/out at each end ... there are a few types of hotdogs ... there's straight-through types and glass-packs from memory ... it's pretty much the same as a resonator ... it "slightly" quietens an exhaust system down ... but not as much as a muffler.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

IM glad someone has basically sayin what i have probs with , i dont think i got a flange gasket as mine is a bolt up system underneath I think they used silicon for it..I will check it out . But when i advance the timing on the car, it seemd to go away more than the sound of the pop there , I know it does burgle, but there is a slight pop , im sure it is a pop . I have a stage 2 cam , and am kinda stuck on a timing mark that i should go on , and also the fuel mixture screw on the carbie ( weber ) . when i have the timing on 6 degrese it jumps a little lieka cam should but what rev should iset it at also , maybe these are a factor on the problem i got

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Im still buffled on the burple or the burgle that they call it , . but this is a great topic to talk about burgles . someone told me the do it more on the not used fuel goin through the pipes , so they said to lean it a little butnot much .. What should i do .?

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Leave it ... sounds f**k awesome ... hee he.
I love the sound of mine.

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

i am kinda dis-heartened at the moment... i had a 2.5" cat back, with the resonator and the first muffler and it was really loud and had awesome burble.

But my muffler s**t itself and was rattling, so took it in to get fixed, they replaced the system back to the tailpipe (which was done only a month earlier) with a 2.5" pipe and took out the resonator and only left the first muffler. It has an awesome note now, nice and clean, but it is heaps quieter and i have lost the burble :(

I am not sure whether to quizz them on if they have put the right muffler on or not...

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:07 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

That noise is pretty sweet, on some cars My mates EB has extractors and i think he got a 3" exhaust. that thing burbles really loudly and to be honest, it does get a bit too much at times. Haha, novelty wears off after about an hour.

And I Kept Thinking... "How Can I Tell Her She Is F**king Hot Without Ruining The Conversation With My Pervertedness?"

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next