Fordmods Logo

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: ...
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:57 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Last edited by falcon4litreOHC on Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

i think thats the induction noise caused by the pod that everyone wants...

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

I fitted the EL GT snorkel and K&N pod at the same time, cant say I noticed any real gain in performance, or heard a difference in intake or exhaust noise. Im sure it is allowing more air in and will do its job when a cam gets installed but on a stock or near stock engine I dont know if you can really feel a noticable difference.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

I get induction noise from the K&N panel filter together with the AU tickford snorkle... Nothing major but when you accelerate to 0-100 and the windows down you can really hear it suck in the air :)

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

Why do everyone put pods on. Grr

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

hornet wrote:

Why do people do any sort of modification, Because they can. If we all stayed with the stock and run of the mill stuff every one on this site and many other sites would have nothing to discuss. Intake mods are one of the first mods people do to there cars I know it was my first, If it starts people down the road to better faster fords who gives a s***t.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

WagonDad wrote:
hornet wrote:

Why do people do any sort of modification, Because they can. If we all stayed with the stock and run of the mill stuff every one on this site and many other sites would have nothing to discuss. Intake mods are one of the first mods people do to there cars I know it was my first, If it starts people down the road to better faster fords who gives a s***t.

Yeah but why a pod is his question, not why intake mods!?! Personally I'm of strong belief that a K&N pannel air filter easily has a good enough flow rate to suit our minor modded 6 bangers!
On top of that a K&N pannel would out flow a el cheepo pod filter such as that TFI Racing one (not meaning to offend or anything). And there a s**t load less hassle to set up!

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
WagonDad wrote:
hornet wrote:

Yeah but why a pod is his question, not why intake mods!?! Personally I'm of strong belief that a K&N pannel air filter easily has a good enough flow rate to suit our minor modded 6 bangers!
On top of that a K&N pannel would out flow a el cheepo pod filter such as that TFI Racing one (not meaning to offend or anything). And there a s**t load less hassle to set up!

Fitting a pod filter is an intake modification, and yes they are a hassle to set up. My K&N pod was only $20 more than the panel so price wasnt a consideration I also measured the difference in surface areas, the pod had almost one and half times as much surface area as the panel so this was a plus. The cheaper pod would be hard pushed to out flow the K&N panel filter, as the K&N panel wouldnt flow as much as the large K&N pod I have fitted. If done correctly with a quality Pod Filter and you enjoy the challenge of creating something from scratch, you definately will not loose performance and will have good breathing capacity for future performance upgrades.

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:18 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Last edited by falcon4litreOHC on Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

falcon4litreOHC wrote:

\
\
falcon4litreOHC wrote:
The tfi pod was $27 and i have noticed a better results with it on compared to the k&n panel filter i had in before, it also might be because i hole sawed out the 55mm opening into the airbox to 75mm.
If you're comfortable with it, by all means. transforming something is more of a challenge in it self. I think thats the main thing, don't you think?

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Why do they put pods on??

Because they cost twenty seven bucks... and 15year olds go wow when they pop the bonnet

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

hey pods have more surface area then flat pannel filters, and if you have a xr you can do the whole scoop thing.

im going the pod to:)

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Saloon Car EB

NSW, Australia

all they do is suck hot air unless their piped properly so the actual performance gain is stuff all
a k&N flat filter and Tickford std cold air will give you more performance

Check my car in the NSW Saloon Car State Series number #220 ...
runner up 2007 tascco challenge NSW

http://www.freewebs.com/hughesracingenterprises/

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

yeah, but the guy has learned something new. his mounted his airbox in to keep everyone happy. plus made his own modification to it. COOL!

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]