Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

:lol: bump :lol:

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Last edited by EL__Fairmont on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: TE50

QLD, Australia

Hey! Sounds like a nice setup

Just remember that the louder you go, the more drone you will have. Unless u have a V8 (which your signature says you dont :( ) it wont necessarily sound any 'better'

i used to have a commodore and i put a loud as exhaust on it. sounded great at idle and anything below 30kms, but over that i got baad drone. couldnt wait to sell it after that

Formerly SpuDEF

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

your gonna be askin for dramas dude....my exhaust is illegal as its 94db @ 3200rpm and its the standard EF XR i6 2.5" system all i did was remove the rear resonator and add a straight thru pipe with 3" oval tip.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

and if ya serious and couldnt care about rules n regulations then ya may as well have it modified to have no rear resonator and instead of a straight thru pipe have it dump at the diff

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:51 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

well my car is *almost illegal at idle, so it can be done :)

but a 3" section wont make it louder, youll just loose gas velocity. swaping your redback muffler for a dogleg muffler would make it louder, as from mem the redbacks are not a straight though system.

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:08 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
and if ya serious and couldnt care about rules n regulations then ya may as well have it modified to have no rear resonator and instead of a straight thru pipe have it dump at the diff

why do u always post twice :P edit the top one of urs hahah

anyways back on topic.

well mate if u want to go louder get an 8 or as kev said...it will be droney and sound pretty ugly....i have a 2.5" lukey exhaust with 2 mufflers....that seems fine tbh....what is it with louder exhaustS?

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

rushed wrote:
well my car is *almost illegal at idle, so it can be done :)

but a 3" section wont make it louder, youll just loose gas velocity. swaping your redback muffler for a dogleg muffler would make it louder, as from mem the redbacks are not a straight though system.

those dogleg muffler's are the ones with offset entry and exit pipes with a centre chamber??is that correct, suppose to give a throatier note?

They flow at about 80%, triflow are 65%, straight through 90%, is that about right.

PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

What sorta muffler is it?
Is it straight through? Offset or center pipe?
My suggestion is get yourself a centre-to-centre Lukey Ultraflow (or Racemuffler), and replace it with that, you'll probably then want a resinator as that is bloody loud (my car isn't much louder with no exhaust).
O, and then remove your tail pipe section, and put a little droopy tip down there to get the exhaust gases to go down, and a fake tip in the bumper if you don't want cops straight away thinking it's suss. It gives a cool echoing sound to the exhaust.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

phongus wrote:
well mate if u want to go louder get an 8

that comment is stupid, whats the loudest thing you hear on the road? My answer would be Harleys and such, and they sure arn't 8 cylinders. In otherwords it doesn't have to be a V8 to be loud!

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
phongus wrote:
well mate if u want to go louder get an 8

that comment is stupid, whats the loudest thing you hear on the road? My answer would be Harleys and such, and they sure arn't 8 cylinders. In otherwords it doesn't have to be a V8 to be loud!

ease up gobot.
I believe phong was trying to emphasise if you want it to be loud and sound good, not horrid like what really loud 6s sound like.
I've got a lukey and i think it's too loud, wanna swap? lol.
The redback systems are about 10dB quieter than the lukey equivalent.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:41 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Mont

TAS, Australia

On this topic, I wanna get a sports exhaust for my EF mont. I'm thinkin 2.5" with a Lukey Straight thru and rear res. I want some note and performance increase, but not necessarily loud. Wanna keep the sleeper aspect goin, roast some unsuspecting smart a** commadore drivers hehe. Bear in mind this will be coming from the standard exhaust headders and standard cat.

Mr. Sperm was kind nuff to show me his setup which is pretty sweet, but comin off 4499 pacey's and a 5spd, not an auto, so I figured a might need to chop in a rear res to keep some drone down. Any suggestions or comments?

Sanity is for the Weak!!

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

Ragvaror wrote:
On this topic, I wanna get a sports exhaust for my EF mont. I'm thinkin 2.5" with a Lukey Straight thru and rear res. I want some note and performance increase, but not necessarily loud. Wanna keep the sleeper aspect goin, roast some unsuspecting smart a** commadore drivers hehe. Bear in mind this will be coming from the standard exhaust headders and standard cat.

Mr. Sperm was kind nuff to show me his setup which is pretty sweet, but comin off 4499 pacey's and a 5spd, not an auto, so I figured a might need to chop in a rear res to keep some drone down. Any suggestions or comments?

If you want it fairly tame get a redback 2.5" with a rear resonator, will have a nice note, but will be fairly quiet and flow pretty well.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

phongus wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

why do u always post twice :P edit the top one of urs hahah

anyways back on topic.

well mate if u want to go louder get an 8 or as kev said...it will be droney and sound pretty ugly....i have a 2.5" lukey exhaust with 2 mufflers....that seems fine tbh....what is it with louder exhaustS?

why u worried mate im trying to catch your post whore count :P well dont be ... :D

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
What sorta muffler is it?
Is it straight through? Offset or center pipe?
My suggestion is get yourself a centre-to-centre Lukey Ultraflow (or Racemuffler), and replace it with that, you'll probably then want a resinator as that is bloody loud (my car isn't much louder with no exhaust).
O, and then remove your tail pipe section, and put a little droopy tip down there to get the exhaust gases to go down, and a fake tip in the bumper if you don't want cops straight away thinking it's suss. It gives a cool echoing sound to the exhaust.

The muffler on the car has entry and exits at opposite ends of the muffler. the pipe inside must run diagonal across it.

Are you running a lukey race muffler? How much do they cost?

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:21 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

on red backs the pipe does not connect to both sides of the muffler

------|------- |
| packing|
| --------|-----------

i used to have a cutout pic of the redback system but it looked sorta like that.

a dogleg will be louder, as both pipes are connected as one with packing sourounding the pipe, where as the redbacks are two seperate pipes, with packing between them.

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next