Page 6 of 6 [ 87 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
If the 302 is quicker then my LS1, then it wont matter who drives. If its quicker its quicker full stop. The guy driving the little 302 may be an experienced campaigner, im not, so lets even up the score.

It wont come down to the driver but the car like it should

:lol:
my 14 sec car has beaten 13 and 12 second cars.. its all with the drivers ability to get the most of what he/she's running under the hood.. n if your not driving but getting your friend to thats cheating cos it was YOUR challenge in the 1st place.. "its allways better having a professional driver in a mildly worked car than a novice/ L plater in a high powered car"..

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
Obviously you have not read this thread properly. My question was around Torque management. A bunch of hobos started attacking my LS1 and demanding a run.

The reason for this post is that when I did my LS1 edit, I was told about all the torque management software and how it kills performance. I own a e-series falc and wanted to know if there are similar benefits by looking at torque management.

You should direct your criticism to the hobos that simply wanna run..
its cos when you post up new threads like EG) "does e-series have torque managment?? BTW My Ls1 will beat all yor ford!! and s**t gold nuggets out the exhaust!!........

what do you expect?? when i read your posts they disrespect my eyes with the crap you post.. does your head fit in your computer room?? who care who's faster!! the fact is many people prefer ford or arnt as financialy secure or into racing rather just modifying as a hobby.. so unless you stop posting crap every thred you make will be flamed to hell... but i think you have allready lost any respect..

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

MODS - is there a way we can introduce a block function so we can ignore this crap?

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:11 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
Now you aren't facing reality.
No one is offended.
Most people (myself included), don't like you cause you come across as an arrogant f**k.

Couldnt have said it better myself mate... Well done!

If anyone is being short sighted and stupid its Mr "f**k" EB V8, thinking he's top s**t around here.

EB V8 wrote:
Noone like me because I tell it like it is. I call a spade a spade. Good and bad. People are offended by my comments becuase they cannot face reality.

'Fraid not mate, you're just like every other tossa LS1 driver out there. Just covering up the fact you have a really small C**k, not even big enough to pleasure your boyfriend!

Maybe one day you might post something here like a dyno sheet... Or a timeslip... To earn some small amount of respect back. Until then, all I see you as is a 16yo pulling his poor excuse of a C**k, pretending to be Mr Bigshot when you clearly are not!

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
Ill run you guys. Im just saying my car will run a 12 second pass. Its that simple, its making serious power, the weight is right, the gearing is right, it will do a 12.

If any of the fords can run better than that then they will win. If not you will lose, its that simple. Whether I win or lose, running a 12 is damn good.

Drivers wont make two s**t difference.

Why dont you guys post some times for the little old windsor with over 200,000,000km on it. Lucky if it will run a 13.

If drivers wont make two s**t diffrence why do you want your mate to drive?

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

XR6 EF wrote:
EB V8 wrote:
Ill run you guys. Im just saying my car will run a 12 second pass. Its that simple, its making serious power, the weight is right, the gearing is right, it will do a 12.

If any of the fords can run better than that then they will win. If not you will lose, its that simple. Whether I win or lose, running a 12 is damn good.

Drivers wont make two s**t difference.

Why dont you guys post some times for the little old windsor with over 200,000,000km on it. Lucky if it will run a 13.

If drivers wont make two s**t diffrence why do you want your mate to drive?
cos he probably drives like Mr Magoo and his friend might have track experience of which EB V8 denies to us that that wont make any difference.. when in fact he is targetting a driver for his ride that may well be a seasoned driver... unlike himself... :lol:

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: '05 5.4L BA MK2 XT

NSW, Australia

Honestly who gives a rats a** what other cars people have, it was a serious enough question to begin with and even had a couple of on topic replies...
This thread has been 100% hijacked and nobody is any the wiser about the computer torque control.
Should rename this thread FLAMING cause thats pretty much what its turned into.

But if anyone could get it back on topic, i'd also be interested to know what kind of 'control' my ecu is taking over how much torque I get to play with.
I mean does the E series have some sort of primitive traction control system that will kick in and stop me from doing burnouts on my precious 18's?
Certainly feels that way sometimes :(

*deposits 2 cents*

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XR6

NSW, Australia

pretty sure it was answered mate
the answer was no unless there is some sort of issue with your trannie,ecu or engine sensors.

Last edited by XR6 EF on Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: '05 5.4L BA MK2 XT

NSW, Australia

oh sweet, didnt read all the posts my bad :P

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:40 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Ace wrote:
Honestly who gives a rats a** what other cars people have, it was a serious enough question to begin with and even had a couple of on topic replies...
This thread has been 100% hijacked and nobody is any the wiser about the computer torque control.
Should rename this thread FLAMING cause thats pretty much what its turned into.

But if anyone could get it back on topic, i'd also be interested to know what kind of 'control' my ecu is taking over how much torque I get to play with.
I mean does the E series have some sort of primitive traction control system that will kick in and stop me from doing burnouts on my precious 18's?
Certainly feels that way sometimes :(

*deposits 2 cents*

The only traction control that any Falcon has (in auto guise anyways) is its first gear. Its a bit low for a very spirited take off.

The other possibility is the throttle plate actuator. It's my understanding that the commie ones are alot more aggressive than the average falcon. The commie ones open the throttle plate alot quicker for every pedal movement, whereas the falcon ones open slower. Tends to make commies feel a bit more lively from smaller throttle inputs, but also harder to control.

The Computer Torque Control thing on EF/EL relates to the BBM and its timing/fuel requirements for the different BBM modes. Since it also has a knock sensor, it has the ability to electronically pull timing (and therefore power and torque) if the fuel is bad.

I do know they have some sort of torque reduction during auto shifts (and stopped gear selection) to save from killing the box. No such reduction exists on manual shifting i believe.

I also understand V8's get some sort of torque reduction in reverse in normal operation. They also get a torque reduction in 1st should the trans ECU not be getting all of its proper information.

BA/F's have lots of restrictions and limits on their normal day to day operations to protect the motor and trans.

I hope this answers some questions and proves that not all people in this thread are bad. :wink:

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

arm79 wrote:
No such reduction exists on manual shifting i believe.

was just about to say that - the ECU has no control on the T5 boxes, therefore it cannot reduce torque for just one gear!

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

mr_sperm1 wrote:
arm79 wrote:
No such reduction exists on manual shifting i believe.

was just about to say that - the ECU has no control on the T5 boxes, therefore it cannot reduce torque for just one gear!

I meant manual shifting an auto.. hence the thuds and noises when shifting. :D

T5's, yes definately no control.

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 6  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6