Fordmods Logo

Turbo kit 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

WTF why is GASMAN posting in here and not wasting people's time in the for sale section??

There is lots of crap on that list you dont need.

As far as cheap kits go I would be buying a $600 log manifold, an XR6T turbo from ebay for $1000, a $400 vortech 12:1 reg, a $150 ebay cooler, $200 worth of cooler piping, $200 worth of water and oil lines and a dump pipe to match up to your 2.5 inch cat back exhaust. Borrow a wideband setup or get it on the dyno to make sure the boost level is safe and away you go.

That will have you on your way for around $3k providing you can DIY the labour which is a piece of piss and you will have decent enough parts that will last and give you potential for 350rwkw when you decide to fit an ECU, upgrade your fuel system, build your motor, trans, fit a bigger exhaust etc.

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EAII Falcon S

QLD, Australia

im getting off topic a bit here, but why not a belt driven supercharger? they respond well to extractors.

edit: (belt driven turbine)

Speed Safely! ;-)

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:32 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 1999 AU Falcon

NSW, Australia

MooseMan wrote:

Ummmm....NO

Bertis has run a 13.1 in his EB with just a basic snort kit and rising fuel reg.

For the last time, you don't NEED all this s**t. Sure if you can afford it go for it but you definately do NOT need it. Get a grip f**k.

Well good on Bertis.

I gave my opinion on what i would class as a COMPLETE kit, did you see the word COMPLETE in there? I didn't say half-assed, if i had said half assed i would agree with you.. You would not get the same level of performance out of a basic kit + rising reg as with what i listed. Fair enough, it works, i am not disputing that but it would be like breathing through a straw imo

Seems u take these forums a little too seriously buddy.

1999 AU Falcon | Liquid Silver | Pacie 4480 | 2.5" Catback | K&N Pod with Custom 3" Intake | 18" Azzurros | Eclipse CD7100, MB Quart RVF216 running off a bridged RF Power T400-4, 2x Soundstream RW-12's in a custom ported box running off a Clarion DPX11500 | CMS Stg2 Cam + Custom Tune (15/9/08)

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

MooseMan wrote:
aye_yew wrote:
MooseMan wrote:
If you have $5500 to spend then thats plenty, If I was you I would go with the Snort stg2 kit. Proven power and reliability. Stage 2 kit is $2999 and AFAIK all you need is intercooler piping and your away. That should be good for 200rwkw without upgrading your fuel.

IMO to be complete would also need:

Ummmm....NO

Bertis has run a 13.1 in his EB with just a basic snort kit and rising fuel reg.

For the last time, you don't NEED all this s**t. Sure if you can afford it go for it but you definately do NOT need it. Get a grip f**k.

mate pull your f**k head in, you have no right to call anyone a f**k because they voice their opinion (which is valid). In his opinion he stated 'complete'. Running a rising rate regulator is not a complete fuel system for long term use especially if you want to get it meeting emissions standards.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

The bloke asked if the turbo kit on the site was any good. That shows he does not have a heap of money to spend and is looking at something like that. Posts like his only make misinformed people believe that they NEED that stuff. Its his opinion and a good opinion that you SHOULD have that stuff but you do not NEED it.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Falcon Futura

QLD, Australia

http://streetperformance.com.au/store/

Recently added a tuned length manifold, and a couple of better turbos.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2