Fordmods Logo

Ultra low or superlow kingsprings?????? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Ultra low or superlow kingsprings??????
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

I'm aware of that. If I get defected, car goes up, defect cleared, car goes down. How else is one meant to fit a 3" in/out cat in a Fairlane that low with 3" outlet Pacemaker Comps? The exhaust is as high as it can go.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: VE SS ute, EL Typhoon mock

ACT, Australia

96el wrote:
Yes.40L wrote:
What is the lowest legal height? With my kit I've for about 140mm clearance at the front and 130mm at the back...

You should be able to fit something that is 100mm under it. 100mm clearance is legal height.

Cheers

Thought as much

Cheers

YES.40L
El Gli/Fairmont/Typhoon-twinlights, king springs, paccies, dark agents
http://www.fordmods.com/post1241821.html#1241821

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

Yes.40L wrote:
96el wrote:
Yes.40L wrote:
What is the lowest legal height? With my kit I've for about 140mm clearance at the front and 130mm at the back...

You should be able to fit something that is 100mm under it. 100mm clearance is legal height.

Cheers

Thought as much

Cheers

there is also a height on headlights (500mm i believe) and a height from the center of the rim to the guard (cant remeber at all) although most people dont know about it even cops dont most of the time (i remeber reading this in the RTA ride height rules pdf)

but there is a loop hole you might be able to use
according to ADR's "altering the suspension ride height so that any part of the vehicle other
than a wheel or tyre can contact the road in the event of a tyre deflation."

so basically if you can deflate the tyre and nothing touches the ground other than the wheel than it complies with ADR and therefor is legal :)

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 04 BA Mk2 Xr6

Fordsrule174 wrote:
a height from the center of the rim to the guard (cant remeber at all) although most people dont know about it even cops dont most of the time (i remeber reading this in the RTA ride height rules pdf

I'm pretty sure the wheels on your car are only allowed to be 2' bigger than the largest that came from factory? Not 100% on this though

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

96el wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:
a height from the center of the rim to the guard (cant remeber at all) although most people dont know about it even cops dont most of the time (i remeber reading this in the RTA ride height rules pdf

I'm pretty sure the wheels on your car are only allowed to be 2' bigger than the largest that came from factory? Not 100% on this though

nope mate
its the complete rolling diameter of the largest wheels from factory you cant go bigger than that
for wheel width you cant go larger than 2" wider than factory and for the front cant go past 8" wide
they go off your wheel specs sticker stuck on your car usually on drivers side in the door

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
96el wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:

nope mate
its the complete rolling diameter of the largest wheels from factory you cant go bigger than that
for wheel width you cant go larger than 2" wider than factory and for the front cant go past 8" wide
they go off your wheel specs sticker stuck on your car usually on drivers side in the door

Wrong. Rolling diameter can be +/- 25mm. No more than 1" wider than standard without engineering approval.

Another law not so commonly known is you must retain 2/3 of the OEM suspension travel.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

Yes you will need a camber/castor kit, I prefer the shim type.
They dont sieze up and dont move out of position.

Member Number 8804

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

67RCE wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:
96el wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:

nope mate

Wrong. Rolling diameter can be +/- 25mm. No more than 1" wider than standard without engineering approval.

Another law not so commonly known is you must retain 2/3 of the OEM suspension travel.

my rules are NSW, QLD must be different

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:25 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef 2 fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

just get ultras.. you will get supers and wish the back was a little lower. if you get defected you just raise it up then drop it back down nothing to it.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:22 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BLOWN 347 EB GT/ BF XR6 TURBO

Power: 345 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Also remember to undo your control arm bushes so yo dont tear them and retighten then on a 4 poster or onlevel ground as u will flog out the front and rear bushes on cntrl arms and your rear trailing top arm has to be xr or your pinon angle will be wrong and get a vibration and stuff your uni

MY CAR PLZ TAKE A LOOK forums/xtt909-update-t66227.html

DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DAZZLE, EBI347, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN ,SWC, XTT909

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:54 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: nl fairlane

VIC, Australia

Hi all,

Well in the end i dumped it on ultra lows and it looks crazy, and im glad i did cause supers just wouldn't of been low enough, But thanks for all your help guys was much appreciated.

Heres a pic of how she sits :D

Attachments:
File comment: Looks mad :D
20112011487.jpg
20112011487.jpg [ 421.51 KiB | Viewed 368 times ]

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB falcon

QLD, Australia

looks nice my father inlaw had a fairlane concord had a saggy a*** in it so we went all out and threw airbags under her and he used to get maggot and go play used to have the sills allmost touching the ground looked nice with the 20's untill he dropped it right down and the rims smashed the inside of the front guard kinda flared it a little. then he passed away and some wanker brother of his stripped it for parts. was a good tough car had an el xr8 engine fitted and a flash tune done went nice.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2