Fordmods Logo

URGENT!!! EL/EF-EA Engine Conversion Wiring??? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

As for the crossmember I was measuring to see if the sump was going to hit coz in the tech doco I know it says AU, but I thought maybe the EF/EL sump might hit as well. So after some measuring it was gonna be a close call with the crossmember was gonna hit. So instead of finding out when I'm putting the engine in, I might as well weld up a new one and be sure.
Thanks Troyman for the pics big help mate. Those pics I posted are all the wires i've got coming from the engine. There all together. I didnt know the EF engine was so different from the EL in regards to the BBM. Thoguht it was all the same. Silly me thought it was only the coil pack / distributer that was different. Anyways shopping around tomorrow for EL loom which will make things easier with fingers crossed. I don't really like cutting and soldering wires as plugs are so much more professional looking and your usually guaranteed of the working. Thanks for the help everyone. Cant wait to get my ride on the road. Ill keep you all posted....
Cheers, Brad

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:32 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

no probs glad to help.

as for modifing the x member it doesnt matter you can also fitt a au engine in there now if you want..

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

NSW, Australia

Brad,
Unless I'm missing something here, you do not need an EL loom.
The point here to note is you were right, the engines and manifolds aren't that different, only the wiring plugs and a support bolt. An EL loom will not help [if you're only doing the engine] as it's main plugs are different again to the EF and to the EA-ED mpfi plugs. It will not plug into your main engine bay plugs.
You only need to change or add a few wires, exactly as Troyman did it, to your original EA loom including the knock sensor to ecu wire, [a must have IMO] Fortunately, Troyman has done all his hard ground work on an EA with an EA loom and documented it for copying. Take your time and copy him exactly, you can't go wrong.
You have the necessary small sensor plugs there in your EF loom already, cut them out and add/ slice them into your EA loom exactly as he sets out. Only the EL ECU plugs into your cabin side main loom OK, the engine looms do not.
You should have it done in no time that way and don't let these AU engined guys put it over you, the EL engine will give it out just as good!! LOL
If I've missed anything out Troy, helllp!, it was a long [great] day on the Newcastle cruise and my little brain is fried. LOL
Cheers,
Paul

What goes around, comes around.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

i have any parts that you need from an ef..... pm me

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 92 EB S

NSW, Australia

hi all. I'm working on the same thing for an 92 EB S.I'll take up that offer of EF parts if you have a loom? I'm intending to run the broadband intake and coil pack ignition, so just putting the entire engine loom up to the ecu in.

JackoTJK

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2