Fordmods Logo

Using EF in a AU 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Using EF in a AU
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:54 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Have an AU with possibly a sick engine :?

other than the serpentine mod will an EF engine go ina AU? motor is currently in a EB & i know it runs with the only problem being the fron seal

do i have to fit the AU timming cover & sensors?

Post subject: Re: Using EF in a AU
Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:17 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:

other than the serpentine mod will an EF engine go ina AU? motor is currently in a EB & i know it runs with the only problem being the fron seal

You will need to fit the AU timing case as the cam sensor for the AU is located in the timing case and not using the sensor like the EF in place of the Dizzy. You will also need to fit the EF alternator as the AU mounts differntly to the block than the EF. Use the AU Upper BBM as these are also different to the EF/EL, map sensor is mounted in the BBM, unlike the E series. If you are using the EF head, you will need to use the EF/EL Thermostat housing and extend the Temp Sensor wire, AU is mounted in the rear of the head. You will need to fit the AU Engine mount Blocks as well, AUI is similar to the EF, EF and AUI Coil are the same, if it is an AUII or III then you will need the AUII/III engine mount blocks as the Coil is different to the EF/AUI. Bellhousing bolt up is slightly different to the AU as well, so if you have an E series bellhousing, use that as well.

Post subject: Re: Using EF in a AU
Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:14 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

other than the serpentine mod will an EF engine go ina AU? motor is currently in a EB & i know it runs with the only problem being the front seal

You will need to fit the AU timing case as the cam sensor for the AU is located in the timing case and not using the sensor like the EF in place of the Dizzy. You will also need to fit the EF alternator as the AU mounts differntly to the block than the EF. Use the AU Upper BBM as these are also different to the EF/EL, map sensor is mounted in the BBM, unlike the E series. If you are using the EF head, you will need to use the EF/EL Thermostat housing and extend the Temp Sensor wire, AU is mounted in the rear of the head. You will need to fit the AU Engine mount Blocks as well, AUI is similar to the EF, EF and AUI Coil are the same, if it is an AUII or III then you will need the AUII/III engine mount blocks as the Coil is different to the EF/AUI. Bellhousing bolt up is slightly different to the AU as well, so if you have an E series bellhousing, use that as well.

yeah i thought i'd have ta use the AU case ... which then means the AU balancer - am i able to use the AU1 case & balancer?
hmmm .... only have eitha AU or EA/EB alts :lol: :|
bugga about the mounts :? was hoping to use the AU1 :roll:
the EF motor [?] appears to be a complete EF [head included] ... what about using the AU1 housing??
be using new AU2/3 coil
be using eitha a EA or a EB gearbox

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]