Fordmods Logo

viewers-id like to fit a barra into my au ute?????help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: viewers-id like to fit a barra into my au ute?????help
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: au falcon ute 1999

NSW, Australia

gday fordies,im new and my au motor needs a good shafting in the next year or so,ive read up on fitting a barra engine into my ute,ive coppied some of a engineswap, by a guy that knows his engine work called cortinaboy ,but i couldnt get the details to come up on my old computer ive got a failane dash to hook into my ute,as well,this is my first major attempt to change anything major on my car,and i dont want to trash anypart of my car and then unable to rectafy without getting it to run the first time,ive worked on old fairlanes ,but it will be my first swap with the more newer model,though my au is a bit old,a newer look will happen when i can.but for the moment a new barra looks the part firstly,what id like to ask viewers,what mods to the ecu and electrical system do i need to changeover to fit a barra ,and what about the gearboxs,will the au box still be fine ,or the newer 6 speed be a more actable set up,be the way to run,and also not forgetting the dash the fairlane model,should i get t ba manual,to help synk it all up,

Post subject: Re: viewers-id like to fit a barra into my au ute?????help
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:30 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Hi ya :D

there's been a few people on here do the barra swap [not me tho] and some of the info is on the front page! ... checkout the "Hot Topics" on the right as it has some links to what ya afta :mrgreen:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]