Fordmods Logo

what am i missing? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2011 Kia Optima Platinum

VIC, Australia

The number should be stamped on the rear end....1636 or 977B etc. It's not always easy to see, but it should be stamped nonetheless. If you find they're not stamped, I might have to have a little chat to my staff, with baseball bat in hand of course.

Cheers

Chris

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

yeah well they both were NOT stamped and both times i had to rely on seat of the pants driving and dyno figures to make sure it was better than the last cam :lol:

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
yeah well they both were NOT stamped and both times i had to rely on seat of the pants driving and dyno figures to make sure it was better than the last cam :lol:

I don't understand how that could happen. :oops: Given that we can all slip up at times, I can tolerate us forgetting to stamp one cam, but not two. There is room to stamp them on the front end, but, as I've said before, usually it's at the rear end.

So, do I take it you weren't happy with either cam? :(

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Wade Cams wrote:

So, do I take it you weren't happy with either cam? :(

nah mate, quite the opposite.

With the 1636 undialed, and intake, exhaust mods behind a manual had 138rwkw

Then fitted a 977b Dialed in with Vernier, with dyno tuned chip, Crow spings had 156rwkw

Cant say enough about your company and the quality of the products you continue to put out.

Only thing i will mention that whilst your cams dont really need to be dialed in to make good power, i found that the 977b i had needed to be retarded 1 degree with a vernier gear to give the specified lift at TDC, so maybe that point needs to made to people that all sorts of variables like new timing chain, shaved head etc. can alter the cam postion and theres gains to be made with fine tuning

But unfortunely im returning my car to stock and have just recently fitted a standard cam back in and cant believe the drop in power it has since removing the 977b :cry:

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

There's no question that the more effort you put into "fine tuning" the better result you're going to end up with.

Why are you going back to standard?

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Wade Cams wrote:

I basically cant afford to keep modding to a point where im happy with it AND keep the family happy at the same time, so its either all out or nothing, and at least with 'nothing' i can recoup some costs and buy the missus a little car to run around in :)

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Wade Cams wrote:

I basically cant afford to keep modding to a point where im happy with it AND keep the family happy at the same time, so its either all out or nothing, and at least with 'nothing' i can recoup some costs and buy the missus a little car to run around in :)

Fair enough, you've got to keep the missus happy.

It amazes me how much money some guys spend on their cars. All I've done with my Golf GTI is to get the ECU remapped. 147kws to 195kws. That cost me $1,200.00. That's all I'm spending. Some guys that I know on the Golfmkv forum spend 10 to 15 grand on exhaust systems and God knows what else, without a second thought. I suspect some people get paid way too much!

Chris

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3