Fordmods Logo

what cam?? 

Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR Turbo

NSW, Australia

i am aware of torque multiplication.
if you wish to remove your engine, or pay for RPD to put an engine on an engine dyno and give you a true torque figure then fine, you can even keep the printout. but money can be spent in better ways.

-mitch

BF XR6T 6spd Auto. 60lb injectors, Hybrid Cooler, Custom Piping, Custom Surge Tank, Actuator.

12.3 @ 114

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:48 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

I said lol once... but ok, find something it dig into me..

Done waste your precious time at all, Ive explained whats happening about the dyno, and track times, and if you missed that bit.. well pay more attention.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Cant we at least try to have a 'mature' discussion about cams.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:51 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
justfordima wrote:
hence why you run it in a 1:1 gear, and then the only multiplier you have is your diff ratio...

Cheers

yes, but not everyone has the same diff ratio :(

Torque curves are still interesting, but you just cant get carried away with the numbers down the right hand side.

True, but still as good indication, as what dynos are anyway, just tuning.

As for this thread, this is going to go on and on, the poor guy asked for what cam, not what have you guys got to say about each other..

So how about someone start a new thread if they wanna argu about RPD, but leave this on topic.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

jonbays wrote:
RPM
Stock AU 2750 3000 3250 3500 3750 4000 4250 4500 4750 5000 5250
Rear Wheel Kw 75 87 89 95 96 99 100 104 106 102 88
Rear wheel torque NM 261 277 262 259 245 237 225 221 213 195 160
KW with extractors 83 89 92 97 100 111 112 114 116 110 98
NM with Extractors 289 284 271 265 255 265 252 242 233 210 178
DEvV3HL Cam RWKW 79 92 107 114 122 127 133 139 142 144 140
DEvV3HL Cam NM 275 293 315 311 311 304 299 295 286 275 255

Torque at the rear wheels is calculated from rwkw
rwkw/0.75 to horspower
times 5252/rpm
times 1.36 to Nm

Is this your car cheif?

Could you take a look at my dyno printout on the previous page and guestimate as to what the RWNM figure is?

I just want to see what someone else thinks... :D

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I dont think anyone wants to argue about RPD, but if a cam is suggested asking for the results is a fair call IMO. No need for anyone to get personal, no need to go over the whole JMM dyno stuff again. Surely there are aspects of the cam that can be described even if there are no 1/4 or rwkw's yet?

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

justfordima wrote:
I said lol once... but ok, find something it dig into me..

Done waste your precious time at all, Ive explained whats happening about the dyno, and track times, and if you missed that bit.. well pay more attention.

Cheers

How much power is the EB punching out with and without NOS?

As for keeping on topic, I believe we are. We are both talking about cams, it's just that we are both geting the s**t up with each other becuase our personalities clash...

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

NSW, Australia

well ive done a "real" quarter mile time in my car, but i believe that the results do not truely reflect the cam, due to a dieing auto, which incidently died a little later

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:02 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Im not running NOS... never have.

But aspects of cams.. Ok, Im in mitchg911's EL V8 Fairmont Ghia (stock mostly)... we take of from a rolling start, dc_todd takes off... in the space of lets say 500m, if that... well, lets just say he was REALLY moving!!

Several occasions dc_todd has put his foot down with me in the car, and yes its a seat of pants feeling, but the feeling was almost wet.

my car hasn't really been run much, I blew a gearbox, and now Ive got a gearbox, having other issues (ignition)... Im also sorting my tune out, and other stuff.

But before the gearbox let go (which was from my driving... it was harsh), it started off a bit slow down low, hit 3000-3500 and just WENT, and then the stupid rev limiter jumps out of nowhere.

These cams are good, and thats all Im saying, they are great. No, there's isn't much proof, but there hasn't been much time to get proof.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR Turbo

NSW, Australia

justfordimas car doesnt run NOS,, the link in his sig was my old car :P
there will be several RPD cars at dyno day on the 27th, where there will be numerous runs and numerous figures.
im sure they will be posted so stay tuned.
until then there isnt much more that can be said here.
descriptions of the cams can be found in the alted forum so have a look.

-mitch

BF XR6T 6spd Auto. 60lb injectors, Hybrid Cooler, Custom Piping, Custom Surge Tank, Actuator.

12.3 @ 114

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

justfordima wrote:
Im not running NOS... never have.

But aspects of cams.. Ok, Im in mitchg911's EL V8 Fairmont Ghia (stock mostly)... we take of from a rolling start, dc_todd takes off... in the space of lets say 500m, if that... well, lets just say he was REALLY moving!!

Several occasions dc_todd has put his foot down with me in the car, and yes its a seat of pants feeling, but the feeling was almost wet.

my car hasn't really been run much, I blew a gearbox, and now Ive got a gearbox, having other issues (ignition)... Im also sorting my tune out, and other stuff.

But before the gearbox let go (which was from my driving... it was harsh), it started off a bit slow down low, hit 3000-3500 and just WENT, and then the stupid rev limiter jumps out of nowhere.

These cams are good, and thats all Im saying, they are great. No, there's isn't much proof, but there hasn't been much time to get proof.

Cheers

Cool :D

I guess some people like to see dyno printouts before the throw money at a performance enhancement? Others prefer quarter mile times, others prefer both. That's all.

Still, I think RPD have had plenty of time to provide proof. These cams have been on the market for quite a while now...

Anyhow, what does the wagon pull down the quarter? Also, I'm not sure why I thought your car had NOS??? My bad...

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

justfordima wrote:

Thats one of the concerns I had when I first saw the specs for this cam. It looks like someting that is going to want to rev a lot more than the bottom end is capable of. I seem to remember a dyno a while ago (not sure if it was posted or sent to me) and it didnt look like the cam was hitting peak.

What is it like below 3000? A lot of the big cammed 6's Ive been in have noticably less power down there.

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:13 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

I only ran it stock with half a fuel pump (you'd understand if you had a drive in it).. and it run a 15.7. Haven't ran it since, once I came already with everything fixed, and my diff blew as I was staging.. I haven't got the best of luck... but soon!

And just to give you an idea on how much of a chance Ive had to get dyno printouts, or drag times, the day I installed the cam, I drove home in 3rd (it wouldn't come out of gear), and then searched for a box, and then installed the box, sorted other things out, battery went dead, bought another one, and now the ignition is been a little b**ch. So, if my car was now driving the first thing Id do is take it dragging this wednesday... unfortunately, I can't..

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:16 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Below 3 grand... well, hmm.. Itd still spin the wheels, no problem... pull the handbrake out 1/4 out of the way (depending on how its adjusted ofcrouse), and it feels like that... maybe its just because after that it hits out... Ive noticed I lean forward just before the power band.

But yeah, its not spectacular below 3 grand, but I knew that, and accepted that.. Im tuning the stage 3 at the moment, and its got so muchg more in it if you can provide the right fuel, and spark at the right time... torque should definately see an increase soon.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

justfordima wrote:
I only ran it stock with half a fuel pump (you'd understand if you had a drive in it).. and it run a 15.7. Haven't ran it since, once I came already with everything fixed, and my diff blew as I was staging.. I haven't got the best of luck... but soon!

And just to give you an idea on how much of a chance Ive had to get dyno printouts, or drag times, the day I installed the cam, I drove home in 3rd (it wouldn't come out of gear), and then searched for a box, and then installed the box, sorted other things out, battery went dead, bought another one, and now the ignition is been a little b**ch. So, if my car was now driving the first thing Id do is take it dragging this wednesday... unfortunately, I can't..

Cheers

Man that sucks!

Now, I'm not trying to start another s**t, but, if you've ran a 15.7, then why are you challenging me to a drag?

What do you honestly think she would pull with the cam?

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next