Fordmods Logo

What Ford Should I Get Next 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: What Ford Should I Get Next
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:10 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Currently im debating about upgrading my girlfriends car. Currently she drives a 94 ED Futura Ex Police with 330 000km on the clock (still original head gasket too) and duel fuel, as it being a ex polly its got the police upgrades, lsd, tickford ecu, advanced timimg etc. Its a great car to drive and still got enough power for the daily driver however i believe the engine is beginning to get tired. So im thinking of maybe upgrading to maybe an ED/EF/EL XR6 or maybe EF/EL Fairmont. I would prefer an Xr6 as i believe they are great value for money and come in a manual :D Just wanted to know what ppl think i should maybe look at. Maybe even if ppl could tell me the differences between ED - EL.

Post subject: Re: What Ford Should I Get Next
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:52 am 
Fordmods Junkie

94edfutura wrote:
Currently im debating about upgrading my girlfriends car. Currently she drives a 94 ED Futura Ex Police with 330 000km on the clock (still original head gasket too) and duel fuel, as it being a ex polly its got the police upgrades, lsd, tickford ecu, advanced timimg etc. Its a great car to drive and still got enough power for the daily driver however i believe the engine is beginning to get tired. So im thinking of maybe upgrading to maybe an ED/EF/EL XR6 or maybe EF/EL Fairmont. I would prefer an Xr6 as i believe they are great value for money and come in a manual :D Just wanted to know what ppl think i should maybe look at. Maybe even if ppl could tell me the differences between ED - EL.

Sounds like you already have a good base to work with if you wanted to keep it.

What condition is this car in mate?

You could always buy a AU engine for it, as you already have the XR ECU, LSD etc. Could even get a EL ecu and setup a BBM, serpentine belt setup and thermo fans all from an EL. Should run great with all that gear :wink:

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:
94edfutura wrote:

Sounds like you already have a good base to work with if you wanted to keep it.

What condition is this car in mate?

You could always buy a AU engine for it, as you already have the XR ECU, LSD etc. Could even get a EL ecu and setup a BBM, serpentine belt setup and thermo fans all from an EL. Should run great with all that gear :wink:

Car is in very good condition for its age, the worst would be 1/2 the bonnet is covered in stone chips but thats about it. Inside i've got EB xr6 seats but i just read that you can put ba seats in so i might look into that. Transmission is still excellent never had a problem but should get around to changing the trans oil as since i've had the car its never been done.

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:26 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford EB II Falcon

SA, Australia

I would keep the car if you havent had many issues with it, once serviced i would begin with the custom upgrades like the Au Motor As Suggested. Also depending on how you feel about the interior BA Seats, EF/EL Dash and center console ! These are fun cars to play around with !

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

NEW CAR: 1996 TE Magna...Mods Soon To Come

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]