Fordmods Logo

What Should i do with my problem??? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: What Should i do with my problem???
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Hey fellas,
I have a problem, a couple of months ago i got a hi-flow cat and pacemaker extractors fitted at Tuggerong Muffler Center, now when i went there i asked for the Pacemaker PH4480's and a hi-flow cat, they fitted it all and charger me $730, he charged me $250 for my cat so thats $480 for the extractor's. I thought i had the 4480's until i asked for pics of everyones extractor's and what they where, when i relised i was given the wrong extractor's i asked how could you tell, like was there a number on them, which there was and it said "4499", so i was told i was getin the 448-'s and was given the 4499's, i went down there to day and asked what the deal was and he said that he remember me tell him the number so what i asked for was what i got, when i said i got the wrong ones and showed him the part number been "4499" he then was lookin the extractors up and asked if it was a auto or manual i said auto and he said it would prob make my car slower anyway if i put them on.
Now this is were the problem is, he said he would fit the 4480's if i wanted them, now i want to now what everyone things i should do, should i get the 4480's fitted???
My auto has s**t its self and only has 1st & 3rd gear so i am lookin for a manual now to swap plus in the near future i am plannin on puttin maybe a stage 3 Alted cam in (not until i get a manual in it), i also have a aftermarket intake so i was thinkin would i be better of with the 4499's or the 4480's with these mods???

Sorry for makin it so long and thanks to every1,
Cheers
Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

dude hes a knob the auto manaul extractor stupp is pretty s**t its only causes hes f**k up and doesnt really wanna order new parts and install it.

Regardless of the manual or auto transmission u asked and paid for 4480s so get them installed.

Then get the manual conversion done if your autos at its end...will be cheaper than rebuilding your auto.

Manual setups start round the 1K mark without the manual ECU or 1250 with.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Thats what i said, i said i paid for the 4480's but he then (been a smart a*** i think) looked the prices up and he said that the 4480's are like $550 and the 4499's are like $465, either way i paid more if for the ones i have on them now, so yea.
The only problem i have really is if i get these new 4480's will it not be as good as what i have now??? But will they be better after i get the other mods done???
Keep the thoughts cumin fellas
Cheers
Griffo

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

man this d***head doesnt know s**t , the 4480s are the comps they flow better, and it dont mater if your got a auto or manual its just in a auto u loose more power through the tranny.

man dont go back to this guy , leave the extractors u got and get that manual conversion.

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

BNKRBR wrote:
man this d***head doesnt know s**t , the 4480s are the comps they flow better, and it dont mater if your got a auto or manual its just in a auto u loose more power through the tranny.

man dont go back to this guy , leave the extractors u got and get that manual conversion.

thats right either type is still gonna be better than the standard headers.

If it were me tho i'd still be wanting the 4480s put on they are better and youd hate to have to get em again later down the track if it came to it....and yes you wont get the full benefiyt outta them til further modding down the track but even then that gain will only be marginal

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

BNKRBR wrote:

because the comps flow better, they reduce low down torque of the motor, which has more affect in an auto as it needs the torque to get it off the line. Manuals have a lower first gear, and so the loss of torque isnt so obvious.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

I will vouch for that. I lost some down low power with my EL manual when I put the PH448's on.

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

I was thinkin that if i do get them changed i might put my car on the dyno before i get them changed and after, but would i matter that my car only has 1st and 3rd gear in an auto box for the dyno runs???
Cheers

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:40 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Fairmont

ACT, Australia

BNKRBR wrote:

This was your first mistake never go to tuggerz exhasut they are a bunch of wankers down there. go to fyshwick exhaust, hes real good and it the one guy that runs the whole shop, he is who i use. but i wolud keep the ones you got on there cos they maybe better down the track with futher mods you have planned.

ROTOR is ROTOR spelt backwards!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

the 4499 will suit the alted stg3 better being a larger primary pipe.
you should see a slightly higher peak power at a small expence of torque under 2500rpm. but if you are wanting the stg3 torque that low is not some thing you are worried about.

the 4480 will have a better idle and slightly more torque under 2500rpm
due to the seperation of exhaust flow by pairing the cylinders 1 and 6,
2 and 5, 3 and 4 also the smaller primary pipe diameter will increase gas speed at lower rpm. but will tend to strangle the engine at high rpm with that cam..

with the alted stg3 you are planing on getting you would be better off with the larger pipe and 3 into 1 design of the 4499. infact even the 41mm pipe of the 4499 is a little on the small side to get best out what the stg3 has to offer

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EB falcon 5spd

SA, Australia

i would keep the 4499's, ask the exhaust shop to refund the difference, and use that to put towards you manny conversion.

also i would justlike to rub it in that buy ringing around and playing each exhaust shop against each other i paid $360parts, and about $100 labour to get my pacie 4480's. and YES thay are 4480's.LOL

1993 EBII GLI, IT'S PERFORMANCE Stage 3 engine,
XH Snorkel, K+N panel, Pacie 4480, High flow cat,
2.5" Lukey cat back system. Monroe GT Gas shocks + struts.

just dyno'd at 140.9RWKW

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Oh k, so let me get this right,
everyone recons i should keep the 4499's on it if im goin to do the Stage 3 Alted cam, correct????
I all ways thought the 4480's were the better extractor but now im hearin that the 4499's might be better!!!

EBeast- thanks like i didnt feel bad enough as it is!
Cheers
Griffo

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

griffo161 wrote:
Oh k, so let me get this right,
everyone recons i should keep the 4499's on it if im goin to do the Stage 3 Alted cam, correct????
I all ways thought the 4480's were the better extractor but now im hearin that the 4499's might be better!!!

EBeast- thanks like i didnt feel bad enough as it is!
Cheers
Griffo

neither one is better than the other. they are just designed to do different things.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]