Fordmods Logo

What Transmission ??????????????? & Why? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: What Transmission ??????????????? & Why?
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

question what transmission to use behind my EA falcon sedan Turbo charged AU 6 cylinder powered vehicle ?????

ford type - auto's C4,C9,C10 C6 FMX BTR 4 SPEED 72,93,97

GM(S) - trimatic,T350,T400,powerglide,T700

Chrysler - torqueflite

my choice is Ford C10 :wink: :lol:

1 . heaps of them around
2 . cheap
3 . parts readly avalaible
4 . dont need electronics to control them
5. will handle 500 to 600 Bhp

will be interesting to see how the C10 handles large amounts of turbo power at the race track and on the streets abuse

once again have to make a adaptor to suit behind a AU 6 cylinder to Ford C10 transmssion

keep you posted and have some pictures also soon

cya

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 80 series cruiser

NSW, Australia

personally i like the c4's, they can handle the power no probs and are relatively cheap to rebuild.

Thanks to Crescent Motors, Liverpool.
Call Joe on (02) 9600 6229.

I dont own a Landcruiser, it's a Maverick recovery vehicle!!!!

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

I'd go a 6 speed manual :)

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

We went through this with another turbo six..Believe it or not the cheapest and strongest is the t350 with b/housing from Castlemain Rod shop...The two or three people we talked to said it costs to mod a C4 to handle that power level $4k ..With t350 approx $2k...It has better 1 st ratio compared to t400...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:04 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA II XR6 Turbo Ute & XH Ute

Power: 295 rwkw

VIC, Australia

the c6 will be to big u wont fit it in the trans tunnel no use going a c4 cause the c10 is just a beefed up version of that. and although i dont like to admit it the gm boxes are capable of handling more power and are cheaper to mod. and the tourqueflites are pretty strong as are all thing mopar. just depends how much power going through it. a powerglide would be pretty cool though. just the 1 gear change down the strip. but i reako the c10 is the way to go so u keep it ford and tehy can still handle a bucket load of power

~Such Is Life....
EL Fairmont Ghia: lowered suspension , TIKFD custom plates, 20x8.5 XHP Shoreline, soon to have: JVC head unit, Eclipse speakers, Alpine and Sony Amps, 2x JL Audio 12w3v2 subs

Post subject: C10 is the go and its all FORDDDDDDDDDDD
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

LOL
TickfordGhia wrote:
the c6 will be to big u wont fit it in the trans tunnel no use going a c4 cause the c10 is just a beefed up version of that. and although i dont like to admit it the gm boxes are capable of handling more power and are cheaper to mod. and the tourqueflites are pretty strong as are all thing mopar. just depends how much power going through it. a powerglide would be pretty cool though. just the 1 gear change down the strip. but i reako the c10 is the way to go so u keep it ford and tehy can still handle a bucket load of power

hi

my thoughts exactly :wink: with all my previous experience with big horse power cars i very confident the C10 will be the right cog between the engine and the back wheels. :wink: C10 is the go and its all FORDDDDDDDDDDD

cya

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Post subject: Tricky d**k
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

LOL

hi guys

fallen behind on work on my new project :wink: transmssion adapter trickier than i though but have made some progress as to how im going to do this mate the C10 to a AU I6 turbo engine

"will be interesting to see how the C10 handles large amounts of turbo power at the race track and on the streets abuse

once again have to make a adaptor to suit behind a AU 6 cylinder to Ford C10 transmssion

keep you posted and have some pictures also soon "

pulled apart a V8 cleveland C10 auto that i had lying around at work and decided cause of the huge bellhousing offsets between the BTR and the C10 will do a cut and shut job nothing a bit of TIG welding does fix.

Worked out how to make the tooling to hold the bellhousings in alignment and tommorrow i will spin up and mill some special tools for the job, once im finished will post some pictures

Will also make some tooling to mate powerglides and turbo350 and turbo400 transmissions also

so if anyone has a special need let me know can make anything work for the right dollars :wink: LOL beer money :wink:

stay tuned

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]