white smoke when revved hard 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: white smoke when revved hard
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:37 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF XT Falcon

VIC, Australia

hey all...... Still a never ending problem with my car running too ritch with crappy idle on cold start, in the mornings the exhaust puts black soot all over the ground, doesn't seem to do it when its warm, and lately I've been noticing when I put my foot down a bit (around 3-4k rpm) it blows out white smoke, but not all the time, could this be a sign the head gaskets on the way out? If so would a blown gaskets make my car run too ritch with terrible fuel economy? Getting less than 300kms per tank

Post subject: Re: white smoke when revved hard
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au

QLD, Australia

Hows the water level holding up, loss of coolant is usualy a tell tale sign as well

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

lowie57 wrote:
hey all...... Still a never ending problem with my car running too ritch with crappy idle on cold start, in the mornings the exhaust puts black soot all over the ground, doesn't seem to do it when its warm, and lately I've been noticing when I put my foot down a bit (around 3-4k rpm) it blows out white smoke, but not all the time, could this be a sign the head gaskets on the way out? If so would a blown gaskets make my car run too ritch with terrible fuel economy? Getting less than 300kms per tank

Is your J3 just a general tune or have you had it tuned fo the car?

If it's done for the car you should be set and have good running and fuel consumption.

I've known thick white smoke at high revs to be piston rings going, after I blew my head gasket I was blowing white smoke but it wasn't as "thick" if you know what I mean, and was constantly blowing from idle.

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:26 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Before my rebuild, thick white smoke or smoke screen was the feature of my car. Bought it that way with the intention of dropping a fresh motor in.

Have you checked your oil pressure? sounds like your bottom end is on its last legs, in my case, rod bearings were down to copper, oil and comp rings were still there, But I am sire they were never ment to also be in the sump. My motor was shagged but.

If its only showing under acceleration load I would suggest you start by running a thicker oil. if that does not remedy the problem then yeah, new bottom end time.

I have a car.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]