Fordmods Logo

Why after using Bars stop leak is my oil pressure dropping? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Why after using Bars stop leak is my oil pressure dropping?
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:17 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EA Falcon S 30th Anniversary

QLD, Australia

79raven wrote:
Dropped the oil today and replaced it with Nulon 20/50 and another ryco filter....... pressure problem resolved. I wouldnt have thought having the temp go to the R on the gauge would make the oil fry........ Was going to compain to Valvoline but I would have just got the hand ball. Fully synthetic 15/40 Engine armour oil aint obviously oils. Should have trusted Nulon and not gone the flashy oil, even if John Laws stands by it. Speaking of Johnny, love that ad on the idiot box where he says " for anyone man enough to change there own oils, Valvoline now comes in 6L". I think if Johnny bent over to check his own oil Ray would give him a stiff one up the a**

I was going to reply before I saw this post because ever since we had OHC Falcons in 1988 in our household, and anytime and everytime we have been subjected to Valvoline oil it has caused low oil pressure. My good mate works in teh engine reco game and in the early days he figured that out too with all the customer complaints. I'm not saying it is bad oil, but the Ford OHC sixes just don't like it. As for going 50W oil I'll say it again and again that just uses more fuel and costs kW. Use the quality correct weight oils and you will have no problems. My EA engine has done 290,000km over 21 years and holds great oil pressure using Nulon 5W/40 synthetic.

On another note, I thought with Bars leaks the idea is you flush it out after it works on the leaks, i.e. I thought you weren't supposed to leave it in there long term?

1991 EA2 Ford Falcon S Sedan
LeMans Red - 30th Anniversary 3.9 MPFI Manual LSD

1996 XH Ford Falcon Outback Ute
LeMans Red 4.0 Auto

Originality saves our history.

Post subject: Re: Why after using Bars stop leak is my oil pressure dropping?
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

So did I with the Bars stuff but turns out the one I got it says to put it in after every coolant and thermo change. Its suppose to stop leaks and recondition the seals/gaskets. I was thinking I would have to drop the coolant and thermo, the old stuff you use to but not now.
The 20/50 is for a little thicker oil to protect while the head gasket is weak. Your right about the thicker oil but I felt it might need that little extra protection for now

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2