XG auto with 5TBD ECU 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: XG auto with 5TBD ECU
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XG Longreach

VIC, Australia

1994 XG, XH XR6 motor fitted, with dizzy and log manifold. Changed ecu from 3ddb to 6TBA and turns but doesn’t fire. I had reset base timing to 0 btdc prior to installing 6TBA. Smart lock: interior light works and telltale displays as before on instrument cluster ie flashes regularly and off when cranking. Found fuel relay connector plug distorted by heat and changed both connector plug and relay with new.
Still not firing. Fuel pump can be heard when turning ignition on. Tried changing ecu to 5TBD EF or XH?
Turns over easier ?faster, but still doesn’t fire. Checked fuel lines connected correctly getting flow of fuel from fuel line into injector rail on cranking and traced back to filter. Getting fuel smell at exhaust so I reckon it’s getting to cylinders. Coil perhaps, or need to adjust dizzy perhaps. What is the ignition timing for the XH please? I have changed the thermo fan controller from Davies Craig mechanical to digital, getting rid of two relays that were connected to the fan control set up. Any input or ideas would be very appreciated, thanks.

Post subject: Re: XG auto with 5TBD ECU
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Plankman wrote:
1994 XG, XH XR6 motor fitted, with dizzy and log manifold. Changed ecu from 3ddb to 6TBA and turns but doesn’t fire. I had reset base timing to 0 btdc prior to installing 6TBA. Smart lock: interior light works and telltale displays as before on instrument cluster ie flashes regularly and off when cranking. Found fuel relay connector plug distorted by heat and changed both connector plug and relay with new.
Still not firing. Fuel pump can be heard when turning ignition on. Tried changing ecu to 5TBD EF or XH?
Turns over easier ?faster, but still doesn’t fire. Checked fuel lines connected correctly getting flow of fuel from fuel line into injector rail on cranking and traced back to filter. Getting fuel smell at exhaust so I reckon it’s getting to cylinders. Coil perhaps, or need to adjust dizzy perhaps. What is the ignition timing for the XH please? I have changed the thermo fan controller from Davies Craig mechanical to digital, getting rid of two relays that were connected to the fan control set up. Any input or ideas would be very appreciated, thanks.

Fuel should be coming from the filter into the rail where the regulator holds that pressure and then returns to the tank,are you sure your fuel lines aren't connected backwards?

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Post subject: Re: XG auto with 5TBD ECU
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:19 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XG Longreach

VIC, Australia

Thanks Johnny, I will recheck in the morning.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]